View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 07:04 PM
u need to change the diet very gradually over the course of 7 days. your dogs stomach needs time to adjust to the new food.

also if ur concerned about protein levels, its important to remember that protein levels on wet food arent exactly what they say they are:

say a dry complete food contains 30% protein and 10% moisture, there is 90% dry matter (100% less 10% moisture) of which 30% is protein.
Therefore, to calculate the actual % protein -
-- x 100 = 33.3 %

say a canned food contains 9% protein and 80% moisture, there is 20% dry matter (100% less 80% moisture) of which 9% is protein.
Therefore to calculate the actual % protein -
-- x 100 = 45%

random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 07:13 PM
As has been said, he needs to be changed over gradually, and he is still young also so this is especially important.

As well as this, JWB and ND are both complete foods. I am assuming you are mixing them both together?

He doesn't need 2 different complete foods in one meal. If you want to give him dry and wet, try the JWB ON IT'S OWN on a morning, and the ND ON IT'S OWN on an night. You shouldn't really mix 2 complete foods. If you want to add more to the ND use a mixer biscuit and not another complete food. He really only needs one of the foods you are giving him not both at the same time.

Go back to his old food and add a small amount of ND with it and see how he takes to that. Then go from there.
Ryan W
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2007, 07:13 PM
thanks alot ...

The food is 48% protein ... so that's good.

I'll change it over a week
Ryan W
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Sorry Random, you posted at the same time as me lol.

right okay then. He seemed to really like the ND so I might feed that at night then ...
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2007, 08:48 PM
if any 1 wants the direct number to the sales office at nature diet, just shout as i have a supplier and manufacturer catalogue here of all things doggy in the uk .comes in really handy at times
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2007, 08:53 PM
just as easy to do it this way naturdiet email:info@naturediet.co.uk
web: www.naturediet.co.uk
tel:08700 132960
fax:08700 132961
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Hope the changeover goes well Ryan. Good luck and keep us posted
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
As has been said, he needs to be changed over gradually, and he is still young also so this is especially important.

As well as this, JWB and ND are both complete foods. I am assuming you are mixing them both together?

He doesn't need 2 different complete foods in one meal. If you want to give him dry and wet, try the JWB ON IT'S OWN on a morning, and the ND ON IT'S OWN on an night. You shouldn't really mix 2 complete foods. If you want to add more to the ND use a mixer biscuit and not another complete food. He really only needs one of the foods you are giving him not both at the same time.

Go back to his old food and add a small amount of ND with it and see how he takes to that. Then go from there.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I have started o give some naturediet to otis's JWB meal. He went off the JWB on its own so i decrease some of the kibble and give him some ND on top - he loves it now!!

Is this not ok??

I dont want him to eat a completely wet food so like the balance of this. If i am substituting the amounts correctly, is it not ok?

jodie x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by otis View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread. I have started o give some naturediet to otis's JWB meal. He went off the JWB on its own so i decrease some of the kibble and give him some ND on top - he loves it now!!

Is this not ok??

I dont want him to eat a completely wet food so like the balance of this. If i am substituting the amounts correctly, is it not ok?

jodie x
If he seems ok with it and he's not got a runny tum he may be ok but it's not really advisable to mix two complete foods in one meal.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:01 PM
He is fine with it - infact loves it, but i dont want to be feeding him incorrectly!!

Maybe i need to rethink...

jx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >