Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Soon comes around doesn't it, and here it is again, another Monday, but I hope you all had a good week-end and feel ready to face another week - the weather isn't helping is it.

Lynn, hope Dillon hasn't turned himself inside out again this morning since silly hour, but I think I read you are now able to book him in, and I really hope this will settle everything down. Good luck with getting the house on the market if that's nearing completion, and then all we need is for you to tell us Gorden has found something more permanent and you'll be well away.

I was absolutely shattered last night, as we went up to the van at 5 pm to sign the rest of the papers, then we did a big survey on the van itself with a tape measure, pen and paper, so that we know where we stand with things to remedy up there. It was sooooo cosy in there when we tested all the lights, it's got little over bed lighting in the bedrooms, lighting in a little mirrored alcove above the fire in the lounge, it got me all excited Dave was more for the structural elements, but nothing seemed to be major, except a bit of the lounge seating was badly worn, so I then spent all evening trying to find replacement covers or new cushions, to no avail I think what I will do, is to buy some thick throws, and put those on the bottom in one of the colours so that it matches the back and the curtains, and then use the excuse that I put throws on the cushions to protect them from wear and also so that guests can have clean each time. I think that'll work for this year anyway, until the winter, when I can strip them out and send them away to be recovered.

I managed to persuade them in the office that it's imperative the hand over is done before the 6th april, because Dave is evicting me from our home whilst he gets the lounge done, so the head salesmen got back to me and told me he's put me top of the list, and it will be ready for the hand over next Friday. This means I will have Dave all of Easter week-end to get all the new stuff up there, ready for me to sort out when I live in it the week after. I do hope they do that fencing for me, not that it matters with Zena, but I want to make sure they get it down as part of our deal, cos if they leave it, I'm gonna have to keep pestering them which I really don't want to do.

Hope everyone is well today without any major problems. Zena's foot seems ok again today and she didn't once hobble on it yesterday, but I will carry on with the Savlon and boot again for a further few days.

Enjoy your Monday everyone, I hope the snow is melting if you've got any, it's cold but dry here today
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning H and all,
At least we have had no more snow, so we just need to get rid of all that we do have. Unfortunatly it looks like easter weekend we are in for a huge amount again. Lets hope not as Lily's working year starts then and we are at "All about Dogs" on the greyhound stand, outside in the elements on Easter Sunday and Monday so I am praying for a heatwave. What do you think my chances of that are .

Busy busy day today working, still at least its a 4 day week this week and next as I feel so tired this morning. When I woke at six this morning I really could have gone back to sleep for a couple of hours, but I had to get myself up and get Lily out.

Glad to hear Zenas foot seems much better now and pleased to hear all is coming together with the van.

Hope everyone is ok and of course all the doggies too.
Take care all and have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Morning Helena. Dillon awake at 5 again this morning but much more settled and we even managed a snooze till 6.30 me on the couch him on the floor. So far Gorden's legs seem safe too. That could all change though. He has now gone out into the garden and something is bothering him.

The caravan sounds lovely and what a lovely retreat to have while the lounge is being done.

I am off to see Gill today we are popping out and she is kindly lending us half the money towards Dillon's op and we can pay her back monthly what we can afford so hopefully it will be paid back quickly. That's out intention anyway.
We managed to get the hallway emulsioned yesterday and it is looking very nice just the lounge and landing to do then we can start papering the bottom walls.
Now we are having manic behaviour from Dillon. Don't tell me we get rid of one and now another is around this quickly. Roll on next week.

Glad to read Charly arrived safely Bev.
Hope you are feeling a bit better today Malka.
Hope everyone else is well and doglets too.

Enjoy your Monday and stay safe.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning H, Lynn and all

The caravan sounds lovely H, you will be giving it a trial mini break, you will soon get ideas as to what to do with it.

I am still having problems with my van 12 volt system, I am wondering now if there is a blown fuse. The mains electric is working fine but I'm worried now that my battery has died, the led light isn't coming on which I am sure it should when the mains is plugged in. I didn't get the manual when I bought my van and it's getting old now and the manuals aren't online.

I hope things work out for you Lynn on the job front and the impending move. Poor Dillon doesn't know what's in store for him!

Praying for a warmer Easter, I don't envy you Bev if you are standing outside with Lily in these temperatures.

I have a meeting at work at 9am again, it's impossible to get there on time with the school traffic. They don't start going down until 9.45 and I have to go 200 yards against them, nearly got stuck in the mud last week!

Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Good Morning everyone, hope Malka is feeling much better this morning. Glad you are getting there with your van Helena. Hi to everyone else I will eventually get to know you all, it is about time. Have a good day, no more snow overnight at least that is something but more to come at the end of the week. Take care all. God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Morning all! It's a Bank Holiday here (Greek Independence Day) bit of a laugh as the banks have been closed for yonks now!

Today is the day when we find out about the bailout, the Troika, the banks collapse, the price of a pint and all sorts!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - you sound so excited about the new van and as Moet says what a luxury being able to stay there while Dave does you lounge. Good news about Zena's foot

Bev - what a journey they had At least they let you know they had arrived safely. This weather has got to change sometime and if it doesn't change for the Easter weekend so many events will no doubt be cancelled. I hope work goes smoothly for you.

Lynn - Poor you having another early start with Dillon. I stayed up last night and took my dogs out for an actual 10 mins walk around midnight. Fortunately for their sake they didn't wake me and I woke them soon after 7. I hope you have a nice visit with Gill and wrap up well .... it's a trifle chilly out there.

Moet - I hope you get your van electrics sorted - its so frustrating when it isn't an obvious fix. I hope your meeting goes well - haven't school broken up for Easter now? They have around here but I know different parts of the country seem to break up at different times.

Well, I had a lie in until 7 ish which was hugely appreciated. It is snowing here (flurries) which it did all day yesterday but thank goodness it seems still out there at present so no biting wind. I think I'll bundle the dogs into the car and go over to our local woods just for a change of scenery. See you all later and keep warm.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Good morning fellow members brrrr I wish it would warm up a bit.
I am expecting the arrival of a new cooker today, it is supposed to come any time between 7 and 2 but given the weather conditions we will have to see.

I am dreading losing my trusty old AEG cooker but as some of the parts required to repair it are no longer obtainable or prohibitively expensive I don't have any choice.

My decorating has come to a halt for the moment but I hope to resume again on Wednesday when I will be grandchild free

Enjoy your day everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-03-2013, 08:28 AM

I only got up to do the Monday Steam Mop bump and might not be around much now as my eye is closed and dark purple and swollen from above my eyebrow to below my cheekbone so having problems wearing spectacless as even if half way down my nose they dig into the swelling and hurt. Lump on side of forehead still massive and also dark purple.

Sorry but I cannot see the monitor properly so cannot really read it and cannot remember what anyone said.

Pesah starts at 5.30pm and it is 10.30am already and everything will start to close down from midday until Wednesday so have to just wait it out - I mean black eyes cannot last forever can they? Only it is getting worse not better.

Will try to have a quick look through Forum then go back to bed. Sorry.
Meg
Supervisor

25-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

I only got up to do the Monday Steam Mop bump and might not be around much now as my eye is closed and dark purple and swollen from above my eyebrow to below my cheekbone so having problems wearing spectacless as even if half way down my nose they dig into the swelling and hurt. Lump on side of forehead still massive and also dark purple.

Sorry but I cannot see the monitor properly so cannot really read it and cannot remember what anyone said.

Pesah starts at 5.30pm and it is 10.30am already and everything will start to close down from midday until Wednesday so have to just wait it out - I mean black eyes cannot last forever can they? Only it is getting worse not better.

Will try to have a quick look through Forum then go back to bed. Sorry.
Oh Malka that sounds dreadful, I hope you are better soon x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »