Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So glad to hear he is a little brighter now
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
So glad he is abit brighter hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you both.

Just had e-mail from Nadia she has the photo and is showing it tomorrow to the people who would know if it somehting we need to worry about and if it is conencted to the nose bleed today.

She will probably be in touch sometime tomorrow when she has some information.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Oh Lynne, Im so sorry Ollie has taken a step back. He was doing so well. But stay strong for him. He needs you both now. more than ever. I hope you get some good news soon. Am sending big hugs to all of you. xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He is definitely up for cuddles. He has always made me smile even in the darkest of hours with him. Just looking at his handsome face bringa smile to mine.

Thank you so much and thank your friend too, it is very kind of her to think of us. Anyone who does or has owned this bree understands how hard it is with them when they are ill. Hasn't put me off the breed though.
No.........it didn't put her off either!! In fact after her last dear Bernese the Vet took her to one side, and very tactfully advised that she tried another breed. Fat chance of that, and her new one is absolutely gorgeous - but already has problems!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
No.........it didn't put her off either!! In fact after her last dear Bernese the Vet took her to one side, and very tactfully advised that she tried another breed. Fat chance of that, and her new one is absolutely gorgeous - but already has problems!!
I think when you have had a bernese in your life it is very difficult to imagine having any other breed in your life.

I am sorry to hear your friend is already having problems.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Thinking of you and Ollie...xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Lynn, how are you both today? x
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2011, 09:39 AM
How's Ollie n you today? Hope had a settled night x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Thinking of you and Ollie...xx
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi Lynn, how are you both today? x
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
How's Ollie n you today? Hope had a settled night x
Thank you all.

Ollie is very quiet today but is eating. I am exhausted I spent Tuesday night from 12ish on the sofa as he was in and out for a wee and last night I was up around 1ish for him to go out but went back to bed then was up for him to go out around 5.30 so spent an hour or so again on the sofa.

Nadia will be calling sometime today the surgical people had gone home by the time she managed to get free. She is going to show them the photo of the mark on his nose and see if they think it possibly aspergillosis. They can only sort it with surgery, some more invasive than others there are several surgical ways. I have done some research and we have decided none of them would be a good move for Ollie.

I spoke to Gorden this morning before he went out and said my decision is going to be keep him on the steroids because if we work on the assumption it is this aspergillosis he cannot stay on the steorids so that means his walking will be severely compromised. He does not have much he can do as it is but he can take himself in and out of the garden now which is better than it was and we can do those liitle strolls which I will keep up and just see if any more nose bleeds occur and if they become worse.

We have problems anyway so I think better the devil we know because which ever way we look at it it is not going to improve anymore than it is. He should be improving on the dose he is on not remaining the same or going backwards. His walking has taken a slight turn for the worse over the last few days and this morning he was stiff when rising. If we will be able to keep him going on a lower dose of prednisilone the way things are looking at the moment seems unlikely. No more nose bleeds thank goodness and hopefully next time I take him for a little stroll there will be no more.

Hopefully it was a little blip. Off to bring him in from laying in the wet outside the back door he has decided not to lay in the open doorway but to lay out in the drizzle.
Page 9 of 28 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »