View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Doubt any member on here would suggest you re-home her....course not Obviously a very caring owner I would say,no bother keeping her outside I'm sure she'll be warm and cosy
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
My outside dog is a black lab/basset hound mix. She has always lived outside and refuses to come in the house no matter how hot or cold it gets. She has access to my screened porch and will often lay on the steps into the house. Every time I've tried to get her inside she races into the middle of the yard, so I leave her alone. She's happy and that's what counts.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by manydogz View Post
My outside dog is a black lab/basset hound mix. She has always lived outside and refuses to come in the house no matter how hot or cold it gets. She has access to my screened porch and will often lay on the steps into the house. Every time I've tried to get her inside she races into the middle of the yard, so I leave her alone. She's happy and that's what counts.
Yes but Florida weather is a lot different to weather in Ireland!

'Tis the weather I believe OP is concerned about.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-11-2013, 08:08 PM
i know its not as cold down in the south of england as it is for u all 5 of our working collies sleep in a barn,

there is an area cornered of with straw bales 2 bales high and there is loose straw about 2 foot deep in the area and they all make a nest when its cold, in warmer weather they lie up on the bales,

every now and again marley ( short haired jack russell X)
will stay with them, you cant see him cause he digs right down to the bottom
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi Tang..,.I live in north central Florida where we have 100 degrees in summer and then down to 15-20 degrees in the winter. I think you are think of the weather in south Florida.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by manydogz View Post
Hi Tang..,.I live in north central Florida where we have 100 degrees in summer and then down to 15-20 degrees in the winter. I think you are think of the weather in south Florida.
Correct! However 15-20 degrees is what some parts of the UK dream about reaching in Summer lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Paul the answer to your question is simple, if she wanted to come inside and you allowed it then she would let you know.

Our Baruska (Who died in June) would invariably choose to sleep outside, she would even sleep on the grass when it was snowing (with no cover at all) the only thing which would have her pawing the door was heavy rain

Some dogs are natural 'outsiders' and in my opinion this reflects their ancestry and in Baruskas case she was definitely closer to her long lost 'wolfy' forbears than some dogs.

So long as it's her choice then there is no problem.
Jess228
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes tang 20 degrees would be a very nice day in Ireland in the middle of July but lets not get into a debate over it if it was a 100 degrees in Ireland we would probly all melt
anyway thanks 4 the info
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jess228 View Post
Yes tang 20 degrees would be a very nice day in Ireland in the middle of July but lets not get into a debate over it if it was a 100 degrees in Ireland we would probly all melt
anyway thanks 4 the info
20 degs would be quite welcome here right now Jess! Unseasonably hot during the daytime for November. I need some excuse to wear more than cut offs flip flops and Tshirts!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Depends on whether it is 15° Celsius or Fahrenheit...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >