View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Lucky Bella .... I'd love to be able to take my dog somewhere and no that all the dogs were so friendly. What fab photos of then all.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Lovely photo's. There is a lady I often meet who has her own Poodles & also fosters, at the moment she has 10.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
That is some soup Lovely to see them all getting on.
I was going to remark on Bella being the odd one out, are there any other colours than white in Cyprus?
Looks as if poor Mara can't even pee in peace
Most dogs 'native' to Cyprus are that dirty white or very pale blonde colour it seems. Bella looks like a little sausage in among them.

Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Lovely photos of Bella mingling amongst all the other dogs! How I wish mine could do the same over here, but I can't because the local dogs, with a couple of exceptions, are such an unfriendly lot for whom Chloe would just be a tasty snack.

And Tang .. my son and his family lived in Larnaka marina for 2 years whilst he was building his yacht. My grandaughter went to play school there and was the only one who spoke Greek which she's now totally forgotten as she was only three at the time.
Quite a few boat owners 'live' on the marine Chlosmum. I bet your granddaughter still remembers more Greek than I've ever learned! Can't teach an old dog and all that!(No seriously it's the alphabet being so different and them using quite a distinct 'dialect' from proper Greek here that makes it so hard - and then - EVERY CYPRIOT SPEAKS ENGLISH!

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
TANG,gorgeous pics Bella looks so happy
Have known you for a little while now and think it won't be out of place to say.If that's you in that first pic....HELLO!!.. LEG WAX!!
Not offended at all old girl. But I'm leaving them like that to keep me warm in the winter.

Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Lucky Bella .... I'd love to be able to take my dog somewhere and no that all the dogs were so friendly. What fab photos of then all.
I wish you had somewhere like it too - I'm sure your two gentle boys would love this lot. I've posted piccies of her 'night time' walks over there where there is a bigger mix of dogs coz people who go out to work all day tend to take theirs over in the evening. Hand on my heart I have to say that the only dogs who've ever caused problems here are the bigger more 'status symbol pedigree' dogs. No doubt due to a total lack of nous or any training of them by the owners. Not EVERY big dog of course, but it's true. The GSDs, Shar peis, Huskies and Mal types - and the dog currently driving the neighbourhood nuts with its howling is a Boxer.

Hunting dog types are in the main friendly. You don't see too many of them they tend to keep them cooped up outside of the hunting season. But even the strays they've kicked out are all friendly and gentle.

Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
Lovely photo's. There is a lady I often meet who has her own Poodles & also fosters, at the moment she has 10.
Yes I understand that Poodle types are quite intelligent dogs. These little Cypriot poodles are long lived too. Funny enough but when you see the stray street ones - they rarely appear alone and usually there will be 2 or 3 of them mooching about together!

It's a much more 'doggy' place here in larnaka than it was in Limassol and that might be due in part to a large older, refugee population in the old town who've traditionally always had dogs (we know just as many who never get taken out and we say hello to them thro' their fences or gates). And also probably due in part to a large Eastern European influx as it seems most of them do love to own a dog or have brought one with them.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2013, 04:42 PM
What a great bunch of dogs to out and about with. Bless Bella, she looks like she so enjoys being "out with the crowd".
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
What a great bunch of dogs to out and about with. Bless Bella, she looks like she so enjoys being "out with the crowd".
She does but she enjoys just as much being out on her own just sniffing around and investigating. When she was a nipper she'd follow all the bigger dogs everywhere and run with them. These days she is pleased to see them - kisses her favourites and says hello to them all and sort of 'mooches about with them' a bit but she won't run off with any of them if they go on the fields or more than about 15 yards from me. Then, after a while she is always the first one to break away and come back to me. A very easy to please independent little dog really.

Like all previous dogs I've had, she loves the wide open spaces, like the beach or the huge park we go to. She will run faster and go further down at the lake or in the parklands above it but never, ever, out of my sight. In fact she will stop and wait for me to 'catch up a bit' lol!

She doesn't 'pester you' to take her out either. She 'expects' to go at the usual times. Follows me everywhere from when I get up and then stands by the door waiting for me to put her lead on. After that if I haven't taken her down, she will come and tap me lightly and then sort of skip backwards towards the door to let me know she wants out for a pee. If I'm not quick to get up she will bark just once (sounding very indignant!)

My last dog used to just take herself over to the door and sit with her back to me just silently GAZING at her LEAD lol!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2