Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
This thread?

Bailey's really done it this time ! - Page 2
No not that one Tang. I found it this morning & have lost it again but part of the title was about Private Land and it was post number 21. (having trouble with my phone not charging properly so can't look again yet) damn technology.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
No not that one Tang. I found it this morning & have lost it again but part of the title was about Private Land and it was post number 21. (having trouble with my phone not charging properly so can't look again yet) damn technology.
Oh dagnammit! Not in the mood to do another search right now but these things do 'bug me' until I find them so I might come up with it if you don't!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Where does it say in the rules,that you have to spend hours worrying if what you have been told by others whether they are vets,groomers or professionals,surely you would use your own common sense as well,but my answer is I do not have all the answers or all the time in the world to spend on line verifying especially as my broad band is likely to go down and I do not have a library of books to refer to.To me a forum is a place you go to share information that you may have picked up,information is never written in stone,every one even the most cleverest have to rely on other peoples experiences and you either take it or you dont.but all I have to say on the matter is "GET A LIFE". Gemini54
You quoted me when you posted this Gemini "GET A LIFE"??? Seriously and a whole lecture too Not sure why you're trying to get a point across to me when I wasn't even talking to you...think if you check I was in fact replying to Tang's post You don't know me or anything about my life and not that its any of your business but I do in fact have a great life...thank you very much.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I've never heard of a law in the US restricting the amount of time you can leave a dog alone. I often have to leave mine for more than 4 hours and it has never been a problem. They have access to the back yard at all times. If I have to go out of town overnight I get someone to stay at my house with the dogs.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Sorry wasnt referring to you,I cannot always tell when its a quote,all I know is its text and it seems to read the name at the beginning but doesnt pause to tell me that someone else quote is showing on your original text Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Gemini you've stated you remember a case in London,where a twelve year old broke in and the ladies dogs were running free and the dogs attacked the boy,her dogs were taken away,and she was brought to court,and [B]
the only reason she was taken to court was because of a warning sign on her front door,gate and back gate
You really believe she was in court purely on account of her 'Beware of the Dog' Signs? And that any case where someone's dogs attacked a young boy would not even have to go to court if they hadn't had a warning sign up?

You've also stated we would be surprised how many dog owners do not know anything about the legal side of keeping a dog and that by law you should not leave a dog for more than 4 hours.

I and others say you are wrong (on both counts) and you've been wrong many times before. The problem is you just cannot abide anyone pointing out that you have 'got your facts wrong' and you just continue to argue it and change the subject and make it all about 'people picking on you'. You should be glad that there are people taking the time to 'put you right' about all this misinformation you believe is fact or law.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi Sorry wasnt referring to you,I cannot always tell when its a quote,all I know is its text and it seems to read the name at the beginning but doesnt pause to tell me that someone else quote is showing on your original text Gemini54
That doesn't make any sense, as you pressed the quote button on lacey's post yourself. it doesn't work any other way
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
O.k then
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi When I mentioned about the 12 year old,he was committing burglary and trepassing,while the home owner was out at work,she left her dogs and they had the run of her house,she came back and found the 12 year old huddled in a corner,so her first reaction was to call the police when they finally arrived she was the one that they focused there attention on,a little later in the day the dogs were collected.When it finally got to court,the prosecution made a big thing that she had in fact warned everyone that her dogs were dangerous by having signs on her gate and front door,from what I understood from the article that meant she was in the wrong,it seemed to escape them that a 12 year old had broken in,the case focused on the dogs and the house owner.And tongue in cheek,I mentioned a sign for sale of a dangerous dog showing a chihauhau stating it lived here,and jokingly showing it as a guard dog.In my opinion going back to this lady she did nothing wrong,someone broke into her house and that person was the one who should have been in court not her.Gemini54
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2013, 09:30 AM
This one Twix?
Dog attacks on private land .... - Page 3
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >