Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 04:58 PM

New Hoover stopped working.

Got a brand new Hoover a week last Saturday from Argos and today I hoovered the carpet and then all of a sudden it went off and won't work. My oh has thrown the box away and we can't find the damn receipt - he had it and he doesnt know what he did with it so looks like there is no other choice but to get it mended somewhere.
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm sure you will be able to take your hoover back to Argos. They're usually quite good about things like this. I had a set of bunk beds last year, which were really unstable when put up. I rang and explained and they came and picked the beds up. I'd thrown the packaging away so they had to take the parts out individually, it took ages!

They should at least swap the hoover because it's faulty.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by patterdale fan
I'm sure you will be able to take your hoover back to Argos. They're usually quite good about things like this. I had a set of bunk beds last year, which were really unstable when put up. I rang and explained and they came and picked the beds up. I'd thrown the packaging away so they had to take the parts out individually, it took ages!

They should at least swap the hoover because it's faulty.

Awww I hope so - but without the receipt I don't think they have to
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Awww I hope so - but without the receipt I don't think they have to
Hi,

You will be able to return it, they check on there computer if one of the articles has been sold on a particular day. (Can you remember when it was bought?) You should be able to exchange it at least.

Ian
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi Foxy, is it an actual Hoover model? Their latest ones have a special "cut out" if the motor gets too hot. My new one did exactly the same thing, and it was only when I rang Hoover and they sent a nice young man round he told me about it, BUT, the motor was faulty anyway so he put a new one in for me. Hoover have a fantastic after sales service and yours must be under their guarantee, try ringing them tomorrow. You could try it again now, assuming it's been over half an hour since you last tried it, and it should just work as it will have cooled down.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi Foxy, is it an actual Hoover model? Their latest ones have a special "cut out" if the motor gets too hot. My new one did exactly the same thing, and it was only when I rang Hoover and they sent a nice young man round he told me about it, BUT, the motor was faulty anyway so he put a new one in for me. Hoover have a fantastic after sales service and yours must be under their guarantee, try ringing them tomorrow. You could try it again now, assuming it's been over half an hour since you last tried it, and it should just work as it will have cooled down.

Thanks Helen - yes it is an actual Hoover model (although I call all vacuum cleaners hoovers for some strange reason ) and oh has now found the receipt and so I turned it on about 1/2 hr go and guess what - its working again now So looks like it was the cut out thingy afterall.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hi,

You will be able to return it, they check on there computer if one of the articles has been sold on a particular day. (Can you remember when it was bought?) You should be able to exchange it at least.

Ian

Thanks Ian for that - although he eventually found the receipt and its now started working again - so it looks like it was the cut out thingy that Helen has posted about.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:00 PM
we did that last year Foxy...wasn't til we'd returned and swapped the hoover for a new model we realised about the cut off thingy...ooooppppssss!!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:13 PM
how long before the cut out thing kicks in then?...cuz that sounds a bit rubbish to me....lol
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2006, 07:23 PM
If its the new Hoover one pet, then yes it has a cut out, I bought one a couple of months ago and despite cleaning all the filters (think it has five) ever time I use it it still cuts out every time i use it especially when I use the hose, so when I get time gonna ring hoover, it wasnt cheap neither nearly 300 quid, was meant for the dogs really but sooo annoying
b-eye
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >