Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:12 AM

Loving home offered

I am putting out feelers for a new best friend for my granddad. He rehomed a dog from a local kennels just after the new year, unfortunately he lost her not long ago to kidney failure.
He is in his 80's and lost a leg many years ago and had a stroke a few years ago, he doesn't get out much anymore and is along on his own in the house most of the day, although he lives with my cousin and aunt who would walk and feed the dog.
They have a large garden but don't want a dog with too much energy, just one that likes relaxing and going for a short walk in the evening.
He needs a medium to large size dog that he won't trip over.
Because of the costs involved with Millie his last dog he can't afford to pay a lot for a dog and won't let anyone help with with the costs.

Can anyone help?
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I would try the greyhound gap they have lots of hounds in need of a new home. A greyhound/lurcher would be a good choice because they are lazy dogs and large enough that they dont get underfoot and older people dont have to bend down to fuss them. A few retiement homes are now taking on retaired racers to help the residents.

If he wants to met Cassie to see what lurchers are like he is more then welcome. And The dogs trust in Roden are having an open day and show on 4th July i think
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:22 AM
i would say a retired greyhound/ cross would fit the bill.. my sister has one and she`s the laziest dog i`ve ever met... sometimes it almost seems an effort for her to go out for a wee once or twice a day

edited to add.. i posted at the same time as Razcox.. lol
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by janie View Post
i would say a retired greyhound/ cross would fit the bill.. my sister has one and she`s the laziest dog i`ve ever met... sometimes it almost seems an effort for her to go out for a wee once or twice a day

edited to add.. i posted at the same time as Razcox.. lol
LOL that sounds like Cassie we have a few beds around the house and she just moves from one bed to another through out the day

You have to shove her outside to go to the loo, the only time she gets excited is walkies and for food!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
You have to shove her outside to go to the loo, the only time she gets excited is walkies and for food!
exactly she`ll make an appearance if she thinks grubs in the offing.. but clears off back upstairs to bed if nothing appears
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Thank you I will have a look on Greyhound gap
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Thank you I will have a look on Greyhound gap
What about beautiful Musky, the greyhound on here? He is gorgeous and sounds a real darling
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I must have missed Musky, I will go and have a look for him
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
I must have missed Musky, I will go and have a look for him
Here's the link
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=118860
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Thank you I just looked on their website but I think the rehoming fee might be a bit too much for him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >