View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2008, 02:42 PM

Help with understanding an agility class, please.

Patch, could you possibly help me here, please? Or anybody else who knows?

I'm in the process of filling out a couple of agility forms but I'm a bit piuzzled as to a YKC agility class, I would just like to understand it.

The class is:

YKC Dog Of The Year Crufts 2009 - Agility

Then it says this about the class:

YKC AGILITY DOG OF THE YEAR - CRUFTS 2009 - The Age groups for the Agility Dog of the Year have been simplified to two age groups. 6 – 11 years and 12 – 17 years.
With 3 sizes of dogs this makes 6 sub classes. 1st place will qualify.
The 18 to 24 years old will not be included in the ADOY, but they will have a separate class at Crufts. They will qualify for this by collecting for results at any licensed show.

What does this part mean, as there are now classes for the 18 to 24 age group at this show? :

The 18 to 24 years old will not be included in the ADOY, but they will have a separate class at Crufts. They will qualify for this by collecting for results at any licensed show.

An explanation as to what this means would be great as I'm still new to agility!

Thanks.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Hiya

The YKC Agility Dog Of The Year is for handlers under 18 and they have to qualify at specific events with a first or second place. The older age group will have YKC classes at Crufts but not in the ADOY competition itself.
But, for the older age groups classes you can qualify at any KC show.

The YKC site is`nt loading for me so I can`t give you their own worded blurb about it but one of my students is a YKC handler who has qualified 6 years in a row so she should have the accurate info on hard copy and in her membership pack, I`ll get hold of her tomorrow to make sure I`ve given you an accurate simplified version
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks very much, Patch, for taking the time to explain to me what this meant! I did wonder, out of noseyness!