Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 04:07 AM

A dog's point of view

I am your dog, and I have a little something I'd like to whisper in your ear. I know that you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work, some have children to raise. It always seems like you are running here and there, often much too fast, often never noticing the truly grand things in life.

Look down at me now, while you sit there at your computer. See the way my dark brown eyes look at yours? They are slightly cloudy now. That comes with age. The gray hairs are beginning to ring my soft muzzle.

You smile at me; I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you see a spirit? A soul inside, who loves you as no other could in the world? A spirit that would forgive all trespasses of prior wrong doing for just a simple moment of your time? That is all I ask. To slow down, if even for a few minutes to be with me.

So many times you have been saddened by the words you read on that screen, of other of my kind, passing. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly, sometimes so suddenly it wrenches your heart out of your throat.

Sometimes, we age so slowly before your eyes that you may not even seem to know until the very end, when we look at you with grizzled muzzles and cataract clouded eyes. Still the love is always there, even when we must take that long sleep, to run free in a distant land. I may not be here tomorrow; I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the water from your eyes, that humans have when deep grief fills their souls, and you will be angry at yourself that you did not have just "One more day" with me. Because I love you so, your sorrow touches my spirit and grieves me.

We have NOW, together. So come, sit down here next to me on the floor, and look deep into my eyes. What do you see? If you look hard and deep enough we will talk, you and I, heart to heart. Come to me not as "alpha" or as "trainer" or even "Mom or Dad," come to me as a living soul and stroke my fur and let us look deep into one another's eyes, and talk. I may tell you something about the fun of chasing a tennis ball, or I may tell you something

profound about myself, or even life in general.

You decided to have me in your life because you wanted a soul to share such things with. Someone very different from you, and here I am. I am a dog, but I am alive. I feel emotion, I feel physical senses, and I can revel in the differences of our spirits and souls. I do not think of you as a "Dog on two feet" ---I know what you are. You are human, in all your quirkiness, and I love you still. Now, come sit with me, on the floor. Enter my world, and let time slow down if only for 15 minutes. Look deep into my eyes, and whisper to my ears. Speak with your heart, with your joy and I will know your true self. We may not have tomorrow, and life is oh so very short...............
I hope you all enjoy it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Oh my, this made me weep.....
It's so true too
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 06:44 AM
My first cry today
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 06:57 AM
shouldnt of read that so early in the morning so true
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2006, 07:14 AM
oh how sweet....crying my eyes out now...oops mascara running down my face...
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

23-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Ahhh thats beautiful and so true.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Oh that is so lovely, and oh so very true. Very moving.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Making me cry,and so true.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 10:41 AM
I only got halfway through before I had to go away and have a good long cuddle with my pup Job done I think!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 11:31 AM
I`m supposed to be `ard, not sat here blubbing :smt022

Thank you for posting such a beautiful and moving piece :smt001
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >