Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2023, 07:07 AM

Tis Thursday 10th August 2023

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesteday. I must have been sitting in the sun for to long yesterday when eating as the left side of my neck is quite a nice shade of pinky red. We did move before finishing but not soon enough. Never mind I will have a nice shade of brown when it changes. It will match my arms because that is all that usually sees the sun. Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2023, 08:21 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It's very sunny and warm here today. Michael is flying into Heathrow this evening, and tomorrow we will meet Lauren and Freya (poor Mark has to work) at Dobbies for coffee and cake and so Michael gets some time with Freya without all the madness of others at her party on Saturday.
Brewster will come to Dobbies too. Not to the Birthday party.
Today tidying and getting done what we didn't get done yesterday. Bedrooms sorted that's the main thing.

You need to get out in the sun and get the other side of your nek brown brenda.

Hoping everyone is well and having a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2023, 09:43 AM
Good morning all, be you half tanned or not. LOL

Brenda Glad you enjoyed your day out maybe you should do it frequently while the weather is fine and buses running.

Lynn What a lovely weekend planned with your family will Joel come across for Freya's birthday? Maybe Mark Lauren and Freya will make a trip to see Michael and Macca soon.
Sure Brewster will enjoy the day out.

Chris I hope you broke the bank shopping and got what you needed and maybe what you wanted as well. Are the scooters back yet?

Sue Hope you have enjoyed have the little one over night. Nice to have one to one time.

Griff Hope the vets and the doctors saw you survive both and all is good.

Not much on today a potter I think and bit of shopping maybe gardening no idea have a good day all
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2023, 11:11 AM
Good afternoon all

Glorious day here and not too hot this morning so perfect for Ted. The damned wasps are annoying though. They seem to be everywhere today. Butterflies are out in force too but I love to see them (unlike the wasps)

Just about ready to get out to those shops Kazz prior to the opticians. I'm not expecting to buy much because Skeg is hardly the Mecca of shopping

Bought Ted his winter dog bed today while in the village. The cheapest I've seen online are over £20 and this one which is just about the same was £7.50 so a bargain - hence buying it now

The scooter is yet again an ongoing saga. They say they are still waiting for parts as Pride has a backlog due to a change in their website. All bunkum probably. You never know though, we might just get it back this side of Christmas. Whether or not the problem will have been solved is another matter
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2023, 01:58 PM
another hot day today that is about all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2023, 03:30 PM
Afternoon.
Kazz Joel might be around on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed your pottering/shopping day.
Chris, your scooters sound like our cars. I hope you enjoyed your shopping day too.

I have made a rhubarb crumble and some sausage rolls, all ready for the boy when he arrives.
We will have cheese. crackers, olives, dip, sausage rolls and I will do a tomato and mozarella salad. (Caprese salad) for when he arrives it will be quite late he doesn't land till 6.45 then has to get from Heathrow to Peterborough to March.
He might ask for a lift from Peterborough depending on the connection to March.

Yes Barry it is hot.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2023, 03:48 PM
All round to you then Lynn. That is something I forgot to buy, Olives. Have a good evening everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2023, 03:54 PM
No shopping. It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to travel to town and get parked - normally 15 minutes top.

One car park full of travellers. One full and the other they were queuing .

right down the road for. In the end I ended up in the traveller car park after driving round the thing about 10 times. Just had time to nip to the bank and get to the opticians

By the time the appointment was over, I'd lost the will to live and came home
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2023, 04:53 PM
They might all be gone brenda by the time you arrive. There might not be any left for Michael either it seems he has only just taken off just over an hour behind.
Chris I would also of lost the will to live.