Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 06:53 PM

A doggy friend for T!

We're having another dog!

Don't worry... it's only for 10 days

My aunt's going away and needs someone to look after Sally their old GSD bitch. Sally's really lovely, well behaved and doesn't walk far. We thought she might help teach Takara some manners, help her calm down and maybe even help with bite inhibition.

We're hoping it'll be ok for T and that having a doggy friend for 10 days and then having her taken away again won't be bad for her and that the benefits will outweigh the disadvantages.

She'll sleep in a different room though so that T still goes to bed ok.

I'm hoping dad will be around this weekend so that I can spend the weekend securing the garden with him. It won't be secure enough to leave her during the day because people can still get in, but T won't be able to get out so while we're there, she can go and play outside without a lead

My best friend is also coming from Sweden so we're going to have a full house

Takara will be ready for walks so I'll have help and I'll take Takara so that I can teach her to walk to lead and my sister will take Sally as she doesn't pull anyway.

Sally's old but has a lot to put up with in her house so she should be ok with Takara and might just help her learn things a bit quicker. If this goes well, then once Takara is ok walking to heel, I'll be walking Sally too. The poor thing doesn't get walked much as nobody in the house can be bothered apart from my aunt who is a busy nurse. So I figure, if I'm walking T anyway, may as well walk Sally. They only live up the road.

So there you go - we've got Sally coming next week I'm so excited - so is T
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Hehe - you are going to be busy You'll have alot of fun I'm sure

Hope everything is going well with Takara
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 07:07 PM
thanks mc - i will be but Sally is that used to being ignored that I don't think she'll be too much trouble. And if I can get the garden secured this weekend, then when she comes next weekend, she can play in there with T.

Things are good thanks, i'm sat on the sofa, Takara next to me, laid on her back with her head burrowed into my leg, belly showing, snoring loudly with her front paws wrapped round my arm sort of puppy i like
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 07:09 PM
That's lovely Lottie, i'm sure Takara will learn something from Sally, and it will give Sally a new lease of life to be walked out with a little puppy. Please post a pic of Sally as I just love old dogs but especially gsd's of course. Have a great week-end with all your houseguests.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2005, 07:15 PM
hehe thanks helena

i think she'll learn and i think it'll be good for Sally bless her. She's such a gentle old soul.

She's long haired and black and is just the sweetest thing.

It's not this weekend though - it's the weekend after so will defo get pics

we're going for a picnic with the dogs and my best mate so will get pics then if not any other time.

I'll post them especially for you Helena
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Awww thanks Lottie, I will look forward to that. I have a special "thing" for oldies you know as well as puppies! Even better that she's black and longcoated like my Cassie though