Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
She looks about right in that picture. I never feed as much as the bag says anyway.
Lucky people, I have to feed well over what the bag says for Rupert to maintain weight. At one point he was eating 12 cups a day which was 1.2kg of food and still losing weight. The food he's on now recommends 300g-400g of food, he eats 600g. I really wish I had Ruperts metabolism
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
i wouldnt post it in the first place, as:
its the internet,
we are British,
opinionating about our neighbour is a national pasttime.

and you know what they say about opinions and a certain bodily area

I don't think that's particularly fair- why should anyone have to censor what they write for fear of being lynched? Being British has nothing to do with it, nor does being on the internet; it's just some people thinking they are free to act all holier-than-thou. I like Dogsey, but bloody hell, some people need to learn not to twist the knife (not aimed at you, just in general).
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Lucky people, I have to feed well over what the bag says for Rupert to maintain weight. At one point he was eating 12 cups a day which was 1.2kg of food and still losing weight. The food he's on now recommends 300g-400g of food, he eats 600g. I really wish I had Ruperts metabolism
I know what you mean! Just goes to prove that the amounts on the bag are purely a guide to be adjusted to your particular dog. My 28kg collie (he's very tall, not wide!) only eats slightly more than my 20kg collies. He has a very slow pulse that has foxed more than one vet and a very laid back attitude (he's more lurcher than collie in that respect!).
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
made a mistake didnt kill or harm the dog whats the problem? sometimes you write stuff just to get it off your chest maybe she was beating herslf up about not giving enough food (but by the look of the dog she was having enough ,) and just wanted support isnt that what this forum is about? could understand if she said she put a shock collar on her dog then yes shove your opinions down her throat but not this!!!!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I don't think that's particularly fair- why should anyone have to censor what they write for fear of being lynched? Being British has nothing to do with it, nor does being on the internet; it's just some people thinking they are free to act all holier-than-thou. I like Dogsey, but bloody hell, some people need to learn not to twist the knife (not aimed at you, just in general).
i think we are signing from the same hymn sheet
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
Er, no, I just don't forget to feed my dogs enough food after reducing their meals from two to one and then wonder why it's losing weight.

But if that's what you think that's entirely up to you. I have no problem with that at all.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
I really don't see the point of the OP's post at all, now I think about it.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
I really don't see the point of the OP's post at all, now I think about it.
I don't either, actually.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Er, no, I just don't forget to feed my dogs enough food after reducing their meals from two to one and then wonder why it's losing weight.

But if that's what you think that's entirely up to you. I have no problem with that at all.
If that's not your intention than fair enough, that's just how it came across to me. My apologies
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Did you ever have his thyroid levels checked?
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »