View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
we use Landywoods for Tripe and have done for around 3years now. Have had some slight problems where had the wrong food delivered because what we ordered wasnt avalible (but at least we had something delievered!) - we have been forgotten once to so had to wait extra long, which isnt good when you order monthly and have run out. Overall they have been good, the food has always been good quality, never had a bad batch.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
all wet foods are around 70+% water, same as any raw, hence why meat shrivels when cooked.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:02 PM
TPMS at work, never had a problem, superb service, landywoods were awful.

For my own dogs I use Natural Instinct, again, superb service, but pricey.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
well, was just about to put in an order with berriewoods, went out with dog, came back to boxes of meat on my doorstep!! So they didnt forget me after all. An item was missing though but no apologies or note to say they can get in future (or not), no phonecall, no email...

Pleased it turned up but I dont think I can rely on that plus means bigger bill next time....

I think I still have to read back on this thread and look into getting another supplier.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
well, was just about to put in an order with berriewoods, went out with dog, came back to boxes of meat on my doorstep!! So they didnt forget me after all. An item was missing though but no apologies or note to say they can get in future (or not), no phonecall, no email...

Pleased it turned up but I dont think I can rely on that plus means bigger bill next time....

I think I still have to read back on this thread and look into getting another supplier.
out of interest where did your order from?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Do you think thats because they know they mucked up and now I would need to order again to pay with next order...and so on?

The product quality is good but never makes delivery plans in advance....think I will send a cheque so that I can order elsewhere next time if that works out...
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Dobermann are you talking about Landywoods? They have often left it on our drive to, if we have been out - the come early to us..and if we pop out they just leave it, we just send a cheque in to.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 05:39 PM
it was Fife Animal Feeds

I sent an email asking for a delivery two weeks from that date - never heard one way or the other and then that food has been left (10 days late) so what was I supposed to do if I had just recieved an order from elsewhere (tell him to pick it up from where he left it I suppose lol)

The guy is nice enough and prices good but not much help if there isnt any food for the dog/dont know when/what etc

edit - considering it was 8 days later than I asked for it with no emails etc - I may have been away on hols or anything when he did leave it...
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
all wet foods are around 70+% water, same as any raw, hence why meat shrivels when cooked.
yes, but I do think the AMP minced meats are very watery.
They are also quite mushy. When they defrost its almost clear water from them unlike the DAF meats which is more like blood.
Blue Shadow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
it was Fife Animal Feeds

I sent an email asking for a delivery two weeks from that date - never heard one way or the other and then that food has been left (10 days late) so what was I supposed to do if I had just recieved an order from elsewhere (tell him to pick it up from where he left it I suppose lol)

The guy is nice enough and prices good but not much help if there isnt any food for the dog/dont know when/what etc

edit - considering it was 8 days later than I asked for it with no emails etc - I may have been away on hols or anything when he did leave it...
We get ours from The pet Food Store in Dundee - its in an industrial estate. The deliver but we only live about 40 mins away and OH works in Dundee so he picks it up. The food is Prize Choice and the prices are cheaper than the local pet shops, especially for bulk which we buy in.

Another Scottish supplier is Raw dog Feeders who are between Perth and Stirling and they deliver all over Scotland. Good luck

Wendy
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »