Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:29 AM
I recently changed everything to SKy..

I was paying £24.50 for TV to sky
broadband and phone to talk talk for £30 a month..
Total of £54.50

I changed over to Sky +, phone, broadband and only pay £43.75 a month now

Haven't had any issues but it only changed over on the 20th January..but happy so far
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I recently changed everything to SKy..

I was paying £24.50 for TV to sky
broadband and phone to talk talk for £30 a month..
Total of £54.50

I changed over to Sky +, phone, broadband and only pay £43.75 a month now

Haven't had any issues but it only changed over on the 20th January..but happy so far
OMG so did we!!!
It hasn't been trouble free swapping for us. My ethernet cable on the desktop wouldn't work for Sky...cue LOTSnof phone calls.
A week later...a new router tried and everything under the sun checked and it is the ethernet card on my pc which is the problem...BUT...given it was fine befroe SKy they credited my account with enough cash to go out and buy a wireless network adaptor, bingo, online and it's fast and fab.
Sky have been brilliant...I have had one or two dodgy customer service reps/technicians in the last week but the rest have been BRILLIANT. I am actually pretty impressed.

When you phone...haggle...make sure you know what you want. We hadn't had a new sky bonks for yonks and yonks so as part of our deal we now have a lovely new sky plus box Definitiely haggle and try to get the best deal poss..

We were paying about £30 a month for phone and Broadband with talktalk (who have been awful...really....awfull...)we are now paying about...um...£24 but not that full amount for a bit as we get 7.50 off that a month for 3 months...so....quite a saving.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, it's taken me a while, but I've finally switched to Sky......
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Our telephone exchange isn't good enough to get the deal packages with SKY so until it is up-dated it would actually cost us more to switch. We have been keeping our eye on it for three years now for if and when the situation changes, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 04:55 PM
i just called sky to get my price down with them as was paying £60-70 [er month for basic tv, broadband and telephone inc calls, but worked out if I switched my landline and broadband to BT I could save over £400 per year compared to sky - that was a no brainer. So phoned to cancel and Sky actually have now given me free broadband and phone line for 9 months, so it pays to haggle ! I am not in contract so can leave at any time.
dotcom
New Member!
Male 

29-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I have tv, internet, and phone, the phone is free call's but some numbers you have to pay for, i can phone Australea and France free for one hour free.
Internet is good and fast, tv has loads of channels.
Wi Fi works well on both my computers and i used to use my laptop in the caravan out side.
Price all in last month £42.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2