View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nlulu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I know i put a post earlier on in this thread that was probably not much use and was only to illustrate that dogs can bite and still turn out to be great companions afterwards but now im getting mails I have been following this and to be honest Its really upsetting to read.....as far as Im concerned forums should be used to share experiences, discuss issues and chat but some of the replies on here have been quite nasty...
Im sure Lozzi was extremely upset that this happened and because no one else has seen Jake or his behaviour/ condition surely advice should be given carefully and kindly to avoid upsetting her further? maybe Im wrong as Im new but critising her over and over really isnt going to help and as I said nobody really knows because they werent there

Saying that there has also been some lovely offers of help and people that are genuinely concerned about Jakes condition which is heart warming......so hopefully she has taken this all well and can get any help she needs without being made to feel awful when she has already been thru something upsetting. Good luck Lozzi x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nlulu View Post
I know i put a post earlier on in this thread that was probably not much use and was only to illustrate that dogs can bite and still turn out to be great companions afterwards but now im getting mails I have been following this and to be honest Its really upsetting to read.....as far as Im concerned forums should be used to share experiences, discuss issues and chat but some of the replies on here have been quite nasty...
Im sure Lozzi was extremely upset that this happened and because no one else has seen Jake or his behaviour/ condition surely advice should be given carefully and kindly to avoid upsetting her further? maybe Im wrong as Im new but critising her over and over really isnt going to help and as I said nobody really knows because they werent there

Saying that there has also been some lovely offers of help and people that are genuinely concerned about Jakes condition which is heart warming......so hopefully she has taken this all well and can get any help she needs without being made to feel awful when she has already been thru something upsetting. Good luck Lozzi x
i truly believe everyones heart has been in the right place
hope u and jake are ok Lozzi.xx
Fluffypup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Nlulu View Post

I quite agree, I've been shocked by the vindictiveness of some of the replies, IMO totally unnecessary.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks shona, I really appreciate the offer, it is so kind of you and would love to take you up on it, if that is ok. I don’t want to cause you any hassle though if you are busy or anything like that.
its no hassle hun, so long as it helps, I have a safe area {2 acre walled garden which is great for seeing what hes doing off lead without him ever being in any danger} so long as you can dive on a train into larbert I can pick you up from there and drop you back off.

I haven’t tried clicker training, but I will get a clicker when I next go to pets at home (should be soon) so I can give it a try and see how we get on with it.
if your intrested in clicker training, I could show you how to start this when you come as well, I think it would be brill for you and jake as its very hands off type of training the way I do it...{coz im lazy lol}

but if you want to work with jake with distractions, as well as without, eg.... the first wee while I would just see whats happening with you and jake, then dougie brings some of my lot along to see how he is with distractions, we would need to wait untill jakes skin has healed/and/or know for sure what he has going on there as clearly its not ideal for my lot if its something that could be passed on, but he looks like hes getting a tad better now, so thats a good thing. HTH's
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
The answer to the bold part it is because Lozzibear is an attention seeker and judging by this thread she is doing a good job of it!!
I feel sorry for your dog to be honest.
you should keep your nasty comments to yourself. keep out of the thread if you don't have anything constructive to say. you've already had an inappropriate comment removed from here.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I feel sorry for your dog to be honest.
That's just downright rude and extremely unhelpful.

Lozzie has had a lot to deal with and has had a very confusing time. It has taken her a while to digest all the helpful advice and I feel she is now on the right track going to see Shona.

Good luck with Jake - I'm sure you'll get everything sorted.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 09:08 PM
We really need some sunshine, soon.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
We really need some sunshine, soon.
lol we had some today, it almost burned my retina's out its been so long since we seen it.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
This thread has really convinced me that before someone can have a dog they should have to be "licensed"by showing they have a degree of understanding of dog behaviour & complete a dog"rearing"course & passing some form of test.

FYI it isn't hard to get everyone to be consistent, I see you have allowed him on furniture, yet your parents do not-a good example of lack of consistency. But hey ho you are obviously far more dog savvy than me so I will bow out
So.....I have a problem with my OH. He is really inconsistent with our dog and speaks to Stone really gruffly (Stone is a really sensitive soul) and it REALLY annoys me. But he refuses to be any different with him when I ask and says it will 'toughen him up' which clearly it won't and doesn't.
Do you think I should rehome him cos I can't get my OH to be more consistent? Am I a **** owner that shouldn't have a dog? I think Stone is happy most of the time, but maybe he hates it here?
There is no telling my OH - believe me I've tried!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i truly believe everyones heart has been in the right place
hope u and jake are ok Lozzi.xx

I agree , and when people have been round this forum long enough , they will realise that.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
its no hassle hun, so long as it helps, I have a safe area {2 acre walled garden which is great for seeing what hes doing off lead without him ever being in any danger} so long as you can dive on a train into larbert I can pick you up from there and drop you back off.

if your intrested in clicker training, I could show you how to start this when you come as well, I think it would be brill for you and jake as its very hands off type of training the way I do it...{coz im lazy lol}

but if you want to work with jake with distractions, as well as without, eg.... the first wee while I would just see whats happening with you and jake, then dougie brings some of my lot along to see how he is with distractions, we would need to wait untill jakes skin has healed/and/or know for sure what he has going on there as clearly its not ideal for my lot if its something that could be passed on, but he looks like hes getting a tad better now, so thats a good thing. HTH's

Glad you are going to help Shona, Lozzi and Jake will benifit immensely
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 26 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 >