Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I have never, ever seen a Greyhound pup-do they exist! I've seen an Italian Greyhound pup but not a normal Greyhound pup.
Nope, they're like baby pigeons, simply don't exist
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Baby pigeons did exist...........they are sooooo ugly though I thought one was seriously ill when I saw it, but apprently that all look like that! Make cute noises though.

However I've never seen the illusive greyhound pup though
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I've never seen a greyhound pup either... although, there are two of the cutest wee whippet pups who have just moved in next to me... they are absolutely gorgeous, and the sweetest wee pups!
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-10-2011, 03:45 AM
I have never, ever seen a Greyhound pup-do they exist!:002: I've seen an Italian Greyhound pup but not a normal Greyhound pup.
Can not resist ribbing you for this! Irish dog, Irish thinking?
BangKaew
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Apart from the well formed argument for breeding, which I agree with. The debate of whether to rescue or buy cuts right to the core of life itself. In that, do you intentionally choose a potentially more difficult life for yourself, and do a good deed in the process, and rescue; or do you bring only joy (increased likelihood any way) and buy a pup at 7 weeks and make it a (hopefully) perfect dog? The latter should cause you and everyone the dog meets happiness and less stress.

So although the argument for having breeders is a good one, rescuing seems to be the kinder choice on the surface. But what I am asking; is it really kinder in the grand scheme of things and for everyone whose life will be affected by the decision? Essentially, what brings an over all more joy to the planet? I personally am still learning towards rescuing but then again that gives me pleasure.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Baby pigeons did exist...........they are sooooo ugly though I thought one was seriously ill when I saw it, but apprently that all look like that! Make cute noises though.
I used to have pigeons nesting on my balcony in Manchester. Those noises were not so cute at 4am! And the mess they made was horrendous. The 2nd year there we destroyed the nest as they were building it. The 3rd year Rupert caught and ate one of the adults.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't feel at all guilty. All mine are from breeders. All the breeders are ethical and would have the dogs back if I couldn't keep them. I would rescue in the future, but not just yet, it wouldn't suit my lifestyle. I certainly couldn't have an adult or older pup coming into this situation. There would be fireworks! We would certainly take on a rescue Mal or Sibe in the future, or a rescue Estrela, though they don't come along often. I consider our cat to be a rescue - even though he was free to a good home and I got him directly, he was in a bad way and a bad place. It makes me feel good to see how happy and healthy he is now, so from a selfish point of view I suppose it's gratifying to rescue.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2011, 08:27 AM
From a selfish point of view I said I would have pups or really old rescues in future.

Now I have Benj.

Sometimes things just happen. What I REALLY don't want is the greyhound to stay here, it isn't the right place for her long term. She needs her own sofa.

rune
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-10-2011, 11:46 AM
well we got sammy as a pup and didnt feel guilty and would get our second dog as a pup, as we have children and feel much happier getting the dog from a puppy so we can teach it how we want, rather than getting a dog not knowing its history, and not having 100% trust in it. if we didnt have children then defo yes we would go down the rescue road.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I have never, ever seen a Greyhound pup-do they exist! I've seen an Italian Greyhound pup but not a normal Greyhound pup.
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I've never seen a greyhound pup either... although, there are two of the cutest wee whippet pups who have just moved in next to me... they are absolutely gorgeous, and the sweetest wee pups!
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=148528
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 >