Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Nice try MS!

What kind of fools do they take people to be? To find out, visit my home page and follow the links to my blogs. I don't know if this goes on in this country. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be too surprised.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2009, 10:22 AM
ive looked, but dont understand?
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Basically, Microsoft (Allegedly, of course no-one's admitted it thus far!) gave major home user PC stores a 'course' for their employees to go through & promised heavily discounted Windows 7 boxed sets & the chance to win a laptop for those who passed. The course outlines the advantages of Windows over other systems, particularly Linux.

Now this material has come to the attention of the wider public, through being posted on people's blogs. Pretty much all of it is plain wrong. It would therefore seem that Microsoft wanted to gain an unfair advantage (As if they didn't have a big enough stranglehold on the computer operating system market!) by feeding lies to shop assistants who probably wouldn't know better in a lot of cases. These lies then get fed on to consumers who accept them as fact and that influences their purchasing decision. Pretty shabby!

Now all this is probably aimed at the netbook market largely. So, here's a link to a more balanced view of what Linux netbooks can and can't do.

Bear in mind that the Linux on a lot of these isn't as fully capable as a desktop PC with Linux installed. But then Windows on one of these isn't as 'capable' (Don't make me laugh!) as Windows on a desktop.

Sorry for the long rant but this made me very ticked off!!!