View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't care -I admit it - I HATE the little beggars. They are out in the street, driving my Thorgeir to distraction, and, through him, me. I want a machine gun. Now.

Snorri
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 03:01 PM
It affects me badly. I live in the middle of a housing estate so weekends and school holidays are a nightmare, especially since I have to keep Shady quiet after her op and she leaps up and about barking at every sound of a child.
3 weeks ago I went out as kids were kicking the ball outside my house and up my driveway and asked them nicely if they would take the ball down onto the green as I had to keep Shady quiet and still and it was upsetting her. The kids F'd and blinded at me and flatly refused. They then started barking themselves right outside my window to upset Shady more and threw the ball several times against the house.
I went outside again and asked them nicely again and they said they hope my F'in dog dies, so I told them in no uncertain terms to clear off or else.
Now they delight in standing outside my house kicking the ball, barking thier heads off and generally trying to wind her up as much as possible.
It also affects Kyiro as he has a real phobia of children and won't walk out the door and down the road, so he has to be put in the car and driven to the buisness park where I won't see any children to get him walked.
Roll on Septemeber.
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
It affects me badly. I live in the middle of a housing estate so weekends and school holidays are a nightmare, especially since I have to keep Shady quiet after her op and she leaps up and about barking at every sound of a child.
3 weeks ago I went out as kids were kicking the ball outside my house and up my driveway and asked them nicely if they would take the ball down onto the green as I had to keep Shady quiet and still and it was upsetting her. The kids F'd and blinded at me and flatly refused. They then started barking themselves right outside my window to upset Shady more and threw the ball several times against the house.
I went outside again and asked them nicely again and they said they hope my F'in dog dies, so I told them in no uncertain terms to clear off or else.
Now they delight in standing outside my house kicking the ball, barking thier heads off and generally trying to wind her up as much as possible.
It also affects Kyiro as he has a real phobia of children and won't walk out the door and down the road, so he has to be put in the car and driven to the buisness park where I won't see any children to get him walked.
Roll on Septemeber.

Scare tactics!

Want me to rip up a couple of muzzles and walk my dogs past your house while they are wearing them, maybe some organic red food colouring on them aswell?

Or get a manikins arm cover it in fake blood and leave it hanging out of your wheelie bin?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Woofwoofburp View Post
Scare tactics!

Want me to rip up a couple of muzzles and walk my dogs past your house while they are wearing them, maybe some organic red food colouring on them aswell?

Or get a manikins arm cover it in fake blood and leave it hanging out of your wheelie bin?
They really wouldn't care, they love to tease dogs that try and go for them or bark at them when thier owners try and walk them. Thier parents would be the first to yell put the dog down if it touched thier little darlings. Thier kids are allowed to do what they want when they want and are often outside till gone 11pm at night despite only being between 5 and 11 years of age.
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
They really wouldn't care, they love to tease dogs that try and go for them or bark at them when thier owners try and walk them. Thier parents would be the first to yell put the dog down if it touched thier little darlings. Thier kids are allowed to do what they want when they want and are often outside till gone 11pm at night despite only being between 5 and 11 years of age.

It sounds awful, can't you try to complain to the council? At the very least then they will have a complaint on record forthr future if ths escalates.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I hate the school holidays - I wish folk would send all their nuisances to boarding schools to get rid of them! Seriously....

I like the not so warm and sunny nights as there are less sprogs out and about then, which is great!
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2010, 04:16 PM
In the nicest way possible, you grumpy old bast***s. :P
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Woofwoofburp View Post
In the nicest way possible, you grumpy old bast***s. :P
Less of the old, I'm only 24!
Woofwoofburp
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Less of the old, I'm only 24!
didnt you know 24 is the new 64?
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I look after my niece (9yrs) over the hols so she is now here all day right through the Summer.

Bobby is made up, and they spend hours running round causing havoc in the house or looking forward to the next trip to the beach, the park or wherever. Whoever said "Kids and puppies go together" was just so right!

Only thing that is a problem is that the normal training schedule had gone out of the window which is a bit of a worry, and Bobby does sometimes get so over excited that the leaping, barking and digging in the garden reaches epidemic proportions.

I am going to try and tackle that next week and enlist my nieces help otherwise I dread to think what sort of dog I will have at the end of the holidays.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >