register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Chat room
yes 45 93.75%
no 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I hardly used the chat room I have to admit. You could find Carole and Libs in there in the early hours. In fact any hours But hardly anyone else. But a time limit on it may well be good like 8-11 at weekends maybe?

Karen
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 04:09 PM
i used go in there quite a bit. 'number 1 tide is high la la la' sorry singing *hides* but stil listening to the music
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Why don't people use MSN or Yahoo for chats? Most folks seem to have those programmes anyway
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I clicked "yes", but with reservations like those of eRaze. I dunno how many here are familiar with AOL chatrooms (generally dreadful), but the Mods ("Hosts") have to have draconian powers to deal with some of the crud that goes down These include the power to recommend termination of service when someone gets "over-wrought".

One of the reasons I don't use MSNM or such is the danger from virus attack, plus, of course, Microsoft's apparent inability to upgrade the service for Macs in the same way that it does for PC users I had AIM loaded on my old computer, but I haven't installed it on the new one.

If a DW chatroom is added, we may need more Mods (?) - the ones we have might end up overloaded, otherwise.

Just thoughts.........

Snorri
:smt017 :smt024

(No :smt021 allowed!)
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Sorry guys but we're not having another chat room - at least not for a long while yet. There's far too much trouble associated with them and things can very easily get taken the wrong way. I dont encourage or promote msn/yahoo or any of the other messaging thingys for the same reasons. People are free to swop those details in private tho (but please do not start a thread asking for other peoples).

It's inevitable when there is 'live' chat people chat and sometimes talk about stuff/people they wouldn't normally and if someone then passes on what was said... ww3 can break out!

We have the general chit chat section where you can chat and go offtopic as much as you like, very few restrictions in that section but because what is said is 'stored' it does make people think twice before saying stuff they otherwise wouldnt - which is what we wanted to acheive in the first place
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Have to say I agree which I was a spoilsport and voted no
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
I voted yes, I love chatting
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Sorry guys but we're not having another chat room - at least not for a long while yet. There's far too much trouble associated with them and things can very easily get taken the wrong way. I dont encourage or promote msn/yahoo or any of the other messaging thingys for the same reasons. People are free to swop those details in private tho (but please do not start a thread asking for other peoples).

It's inevitable when there is 'live' chat people chat and sometimes talk about stuff/people they wouldn't normally and if someone then passes on what was said... ww3 can break out!

We have the general chit chat section where you can chat and go offtopic as much as you like, very few restrictions in that section but because what is said is 'stored' it does make people think twice before saying stuff they otherwise wouldnt - which is what we wanted to acheive in the first place

Sorry! (but we do have good reason to stick to this policy )
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5