Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Help :(

Teagan has attacked a little dog, and now the dog has gone missing.
It was so scared it ran away.

We've spent nearly an hour looking, but I had to come home as I was soaking from going in the river to separate them.

I have phoned the local councils and the park we were in to report the dog lost, and the lady has my Number and we are going to go back to the park and keep searching.
I'm waiting for her to phone to tell me to meet here there.

I have told her I will do whatever I can, and pay for any vets bills that need paying.

It is so unlike Teagan, she has never even growled at a dog before, but she just launched herself on this little dog.
I will take Teagan to the vets soon too, to see if anything is bothering her.

I am devastated though, I am in shock and don't know what to do.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Awwww big hugs, there must be a reason for it hun. Have a brew, give Teegan a hug, get dry and warm, book that vet appt and head off out again.
Big hugs. keep us posted. x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:01 PM
These things happen unfortunately and sometimes we never know why. Get warm and dry as has been said, book Teagan in for a check up and then go out again.
Becky
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
So sorry to hear what has happened Hevvur, it must have been very upsetting for you and the other owner.

You have been very responsible though in your actions and I'm sure that the other owner appreciates that.

I think it is wise for your vet to check Teagan over as it is so out of character. Did you recognise the other dog?

Is there anyone who can help you look for the other dog as you have obviously had a big shock and it would be nice if someone could be with you when you go back to the park.

Big hugs coming your way xx
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Thankyou.

Majuka - yes, we've seen the other dog quite a few times before.
The lady said she saw a dog ahead, noticed it was Teagan (everyone knows us), and carried on walking, as we've met before.
Theres never been a problem with them before.

I phoned my friend, but she was on her way out to Liverpool to help with a Rescue. She said if we're still looking when she gets back, she'll help, but apart from her, I don't know anyone else.

I'm still crying, I don't know what to do
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh no!! Poor you and T, and poor little dog and owner!

Was she playing with the dog when it happened?

Hopefully Little Dog will still be in the park somewhere, waiting for you and it's owner to come back. Did you see if it was hurt at all?

Hugs to all involved...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
hI Hevvur,
Big hugs again.
Sounds like if Teagan knows the dog there must be something going on?
Big breaths, have a brew, try to stay calm as you will be no good to anyone all worked up.
Make your vet appt, then sit stroking Teagan waiting for the lady to phone you, could be the little dog has run home.
Hugs. Lots of them coming right at ya.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh no try not to get upset, you've done everything you possibly can, its not anyones fault and the lady knows you so she won't be blaming you for anything. Chin up Hevvur hugs to you and Teegan x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I just wondered if the dog had growled at Teagan before and that's why they had a fight but obviously not then if they've always been ok before.

Have you made an appointment for Teagan yet?

I wish there was something we could do to help. Hopefully the other dog will be found very soon. xx
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2007, 12:11 PM
We don't know what happened....we walked towards the lady who was walking the opposite way to us, and her dogs went to say hello to Teagan (like normal), and all of a sudden Teagan launched herself onto the dog.
I shouted NO at Teagan, and Leave, but she kept going.
She pushed the little dog into the river, and I jumped in the river and dragged Teagan off. The little dog swam to it's owner, and Teagan pulled out of Kev's hands and went for the dog again.
She chased it down stream a bit, Kev went after her, and the little dog ran off. We didn't see where it went. It was screaming the whole time Teagan attacked it though

We didn't get chance to look at the dog, but I didn't see any blood on the floor, but obviously she'll be in shock, and hiding somewhere.

I feel so bad, and don't know what more I can do
I can never take Teagan to the park again though
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »