Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Got a new puter (10 years of waiting!)

...... so won't be posting up much for a couple of days, coz tomorrow is d-day for the installation of my new HP Touchsmart (oh this is gonna be fun!) with no bladdy wires, no big box in the cupboard, just a nice big screen on my desk and one keyboard, everything's in there, just gotta learn how to move stuff around with my fingers instead of my mouse! This was Dave's birthday present to me, but I've been a bit scared to do away with this 10 year old puter coz I've grown rather attached to it, plus it's got all my important stuff on it, which I hope he can move over to the new one.

Wish me luck then, I'll be on the lappy keeping an eye out on Dogsey, but I can't type very well on that, so won't be posting until I'm up and running with the new puter.

Just going to start clearing my desk now, doing away with the big, bulky speakers that I hardly used that have sat here collecting dust over the years, and unplugging it all..... bfn then.xxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Fingers XXXXXXXXX, it all goes smoothly
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Ooh! That sounds fancy! Too fancy for me... I'm fine here with my ickle laptop

Hope to hear from you soon! Have fun figuring out the new shiny computer!

S xoxox
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd love a new computer, but sadly no space for one here... And I like sitting on the sofa with my laptop in the evenings.

Hope the computer move goes well. Most thing should be easily transferred over, may haver one or two things which need converting.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I have the Acer touchscreen......and not to put a dampener on things it's a nightmare, if a fly lands on your screen it changes the page....lol.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Good luck. Hope too see you soon.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I've got a Sony Vaio touchscreen, Aitch - big massive b*gger an' all

it's fab!

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Lol at that fly!!!

Well, I'm up and running, although I nearly slapped the guy who set it all up for me,coz him and me really clashed in the personality stakes, wry you no risten I nearly said to him lol!!!!

The best bit is the lack of spaghetti sitting under the desk now, I'm in heaven, he's even done the printer wireless for me, so the only wires I have is the one going into the mains, and that's it! This is like an upright lappy I suppose coz it's got legs to sit on the desk!

Having a few hiccups with an aol folder I need, but hopefully I'll sort it, but it seems to be a problem that it's a "pcf" (I think that's correct!) file and it doesn't knowhow to open it, then it comes up with AOL recommended and then it disappears! Lol, best place for it, but I'll keep trying. I'm getting used to the keyboard, but it's all a bit close together for my style of typing so excuse the forthcoming typo's fromme coz there's gonna be lots of them! It's definite fast, but then mine was 10 years old.

One thing I'd like to ask you puter bods if I may. This bod was transferring my docs and pics from the other pc which was switched on, which he managed to do (he said it was much quicker and better than putting them on a stick which is really what I wanted, but then I didn't get what I wanted much today with him ) Anyhoo, I went out with the dogs coz he was annoying me so much, and when I came back, the OLD puter had a blue screen, with loads of white lines of type, and I noticed the word "deleting" in amongst each line! I asked him what was going on, and he told me he had plugged the OLD puter into this new one er why????? and he said it must have found a lot of errors, the motherboard is shot, and he was just letting it get on with it Does anybody know what could have been happening there, coz he said he used something he brought with him to do this??? It's beyond me, but he couldn't have been copying all my hard drive could he?????
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Lol, I bet we are in for some fun in the coming days
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Lol especially me Jen!!! I just went to look at a thread on here and up pops thislittle box that said did I want to debug this page, so I thought, why not, and then aol went into not responding mode, and the blue whirly thing kept going round and round and I couldn't do anything, so I ended up logging off! Lol! I'm working on the speaker volume now coz it's too darn LOUD for my super sensitive hearing!!! This could be a long night........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >