liberty
Dogsey Senior

06-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
Originally Posted by Staffy
eRaze if it works so well how come you are on here till 1-2 in the morning
lol cos i am a night owl

(or dracula?)
No its cos he's drunk so much water he keeps waking up to go to the loo, is then wide awake so adds a few posts

libs
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Rofl Libs
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2004, 02:34 AM
Thought I'd tell you my story about herbal remedies. After giving birth to my 12lb 8oz son, yes you read that right, as you women can imagine I was in shock. I hadn't slept for about 5 nights and was absolutely exhausted. I'd seen the advert on TV for 'Nightol' so sent oh out to get some. Due to a few medical probs I was on a fair bit of medication so Ian took the list to the chemist. He said there was something in 'Nightol' that would conflict with one of my tablets so recommended 'Natrasleep' Ian said even if my wife sleeps for 24hour I don't mind, bless. Anyway, I was to take 3 tablet half an hour before going to bed. So 9.30 took 3 tab kissed baby, dog then Ian goodnight and went to bed. Ian came to bed at midnight and I was sitting in my altogether with my wooly socks on singing into a childs echo mike " Sing me, sing me an old fashioned song", which is very strange because being bikers we're into heavy metal music. When Ian asked me to be quiet I got really angry because my audience needed me to sing country songs because after all I was at the Grand Ole Oprey. Needless to say I have never taken Natrasleep tabs again. But oh what a trip.
I hope you get some better help than me J
Tracie
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2004, 10:12 AM
that must have been scary!

Jeanette did you get to sleep last night?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2004, 11:02 AM
I've used herbal Nightol in the past, needless to say, it didn't work I was still awake in the early hours. It felt like my eyelids were spring loaded, every time I tried to close them, they'd pop open

I've found milky drinks, warm bath, and relaxing for about an hour before I go to bed usually helps.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2004, 11:02 AM
OMG Tracie!!!!!!!! That's scary!!!!!

Well Caz I went to bed around midnight and was waken (?) up by Luna 7.40, didnt try the lavenderoil though. Thought I'd wait for tonight...

BUt I still haven't gotten enough sleep to catch up for I've lost during the week.... Oh well
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2004, 11:12 AM
eRaze

Lib's reason is more convincing mind
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2004, 11:13 AM
It does, doesnt it?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
I've found milky drinks, warm bath, and relaxing for about an hour before I go to bed usually helps.
Hi Jeanette as Wolfie says above.
I get this problem a lot with my girls with pre exam nerves This is the standard list.
Have a warm bath , make sure you are not too hot or cold, have a warm milky drink, have lavender oil on a tissue on your pillow, read a calming book or poetry, have the radio on very low so you can just hear it (with music playing).
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Well see this is where I get difficult....

I dont have a bathtub, just a shower I don't like milk - hot or cold I will see if I can find a radio somewhere.....

The book used to work once...., but not lately... But maybe it will work combined with the other things...

Have the lavender oil, and could take a hot shower, but I'm just afraid it'll make me more awake
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >