Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
My dog is left with the run of the house if I am out and I am afraid she sleeps with me at night too. She never used to but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I do not "keep" my dog anywhere. I live here and so does my dog.
These two comments are the first thing that came into my head.
This is Pepsi's home and she has the free run of it day and night.
She eats where I eat and sleeps where I sleep.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Me and my dawg 'share an apartment'

Good luck with your Cavvy - I've owned one and never known anyone else who has owned one who, like me, didn't have it sleeping on their bed!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2013, 07:45 PM
My dog sleeps downstairs - whether it's on his bed or not varies as sometimes he seems to prefer the cold floor.
juliana62
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-07-2013, 09:51 PM
We started off with a crate, the first few nights put it in our room then downstairs in living room. Eventually we didn't have to shut Hogan in there at night, he went in and out as he wanted. He is now 14 months old and has been sleeping in a basket at night in the living room. We don't use the crate any more, but was the best thing out when he was a puppy as kept him safe at night.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Betty only goes into a crate when we are not home, so rarely. Mollie has free run. But both sleep with us and have free run when we are home.

Family members don't get pushed away here, unless they have rolled in something horrid !
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Well Marco has only been with us a week, he's most definitely is one of the family but he never gets 'pushed away' and him sleeping in his crate doesn't mean that he does.

He takes himself off to bed each night, and occasionally nips in there during the day, his crate is in the dining room alongside the living room, the door between is always open and the view from our sofa to his crate is directly in line. He also has a big bed in the living room which again he sometimes lies on though more often he moves around the floor getting comfy wherever he wants to.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2013, 11:43 AM
At bedtime, our two come upstairs with us - they have their own beds, but most often than not, they end up sharing our bed (lovely in the winter - Jake is a fantastic little furry hot-water bottle substitute).

I've recently got them crates, and they bob in and out of them at will - usually when someone visits, having a houseful of people seems to get too overwhelming for Jasper.

When we go out they have the run of the house - never had a problem.

It's not "my" home - it's our home and that includes the boys.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
My dog is left with the run of the house if I am out and I am afraid she sleeps with me at night too. She never used to but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
At last, someone as daft as me. I notice that you don't own small dogs either. Lol. You soon get used to sleeping on the edge of the mattress.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Our older dog Taz has run of the house during the day, but if we go out he is fastened in his crate in our dining room ( due to him messing if left out) At night he also sleeps in his crate.
Jasper run of house during day ( usually under my feet!) when we go out during day he is left in the front room, he has his bed in there, no longer needs a crate. He sleeps in front room at night, on bed/sofa/floor
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2013, 11:26 AM
We only have a one bedroom flat and we don't have a garden. Ella has access to all rooms apart from the bathroom and we haven't got a crate for her (the flat is too small for it). I've never shut my dogs away from me but I've taught them all to be on their own if they need to. Wassily used to sleep in the downstairs flat because he couldn't walk up the stairs with his hip dysplasia but during the day he was just as much part of the family.

Ella sleeps in our bedroom at the moment but not in our bed. I want to make her sleep in the hallway though soon because she's so focussed on us, I need her to be more independant and confident on her own, but it's a slow process.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >