View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Its all down to you in the end. You may stubble across a rescue cross who will be perfect likewise you may hear of a litter who may prove to be right, you will know though.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 05:48 PM
I know.
He's lovely.........
I need to chat with them re the castration as we spent so much time with him I didn't get the chance...
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Sometimes it is best to follow your heart hun, go for what you really want, I know you wanted a FC bitch in the future, could you still get one with this boy? I would also consider Biff in all this too.... but if you want this dog, go get him girl
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Good luck with whatever you decide Ailsa, any dog or pup will be lucky to have you and your family to care for it

The Beardie X sounds lovely, and you do sound smitten let the dogs decide if he gets the okay from Cosmo and Biff, Go for it xxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 10:10 PM
oh A! (could've swarn I already posted on this thread but apparently not).

Part of me thinks you are rushing into this rescue because he is ready now and fits your 'kids and dogs' need....but then I thought, so what if you are? If I'm completely honest, when OH agreed we could have another dog, Hoki was almost the first we met. There wasn't instant attachment like there had been with Kip and we did um and arh .....but now... I just can't imagine life without her. She is very, very special to me -we have a connection that I can't really discribe, but all I can say is that if there had been other dogs that had matched our requirements at the time, maybe she wouldn't be here now and what a mistake that would've been.

Sorry, that probably doesn't make your decision any easier, but I don't know how to tell you to make the decision - me & OH are nearly as bad as you and your OH when it comes to big decision. But it has always worked out great in the end, as I am sure it will for you
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 10:18 PM
oh how exciting, another luck dog will soon find his/her forever home xxx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Beardies and predominant Beardie crosses are well known for wonderfully bouncy fun loving nature and lots of brains, very soft dogs in terms of training, and every Beardie / Beardie predominant cross I have known personally fwiw have been great with other dogs, adaptable and good natured.
And usually very very good at agility hint hint

So ya can tell which side of the fence I`m on, but you know that anyway

rescue rescue rescue rescue rescue

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Having had rescues previously I think I'd rather have the neutering done sooner rather than later and then the dog is effectively starting a complete fresh, rather than finding a lovely new home only to be carted off to the vets weeks later and left with complete strangers to get neutered just when he's starting to feel secure. Just my opinion of course.

Can imagine he's gorgeous though, proper scruffy little thing I bet!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 07:39 AM
I think rescue, Ailsa. I can think of many people on here who would be just brilliant with a rescue dog. You're most definitely one of them.

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Ah shucks you are allbeing very nice to me!

Thanks guys.

Fiona I think you probably had deja vu after the email!!! I had to post in the end!!!
I do agree it does feel a little like a rush job, but then at the same time we have been going to Dogs Trust for so long and helping up there at points that the staff all greet us like we're friends!!!! So is it rushed....it does feel it, but then in all our visits this dog is only the second that we have been seriously tempted by (other than the collie pup before Christmas but it didn't take long for us to say no on that one!)

Patch the info on Bearide X's is very helpful and Rips you make a very good point about the castration.

Oh blimey.

It is this rescue or a Flat Coat pup in about June (I know the litter......it would be a Cosmo relative on dad's side...)

The dog (Mr Chuckles as he would be known with us, Chucks for short...how bad is that we've named him) is lovely...hard work yes, but then having 2 young dogs is always going to be hard work. Worth the work? I would hope so....

Why the indecision. I think it's because he isn't a Flat Coat and because he hasn't met our lot yet. It's also because all we've done is walk him round the grounds and of course in that situation all he wants to do is experience the walk. He's happy to be tickled but is watching out for everything, the worldis a very exciting place when you are a pup and you've not been out much. The joy is, it is interest and not fear at the moment (well, except with feathers....)

So.......are we any closer to a decision? Nope. It's hard for us to get there this weekend too.....

I think I can't make the decision as he's not met ours and I can't go with them when it's scheduled as I'm in work...arghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »