Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I need advice about my b/f, he's been unwell for a fair few months now, it seems to be getting progressively worse and he wont see a doctor.

s
If it's been getting worse he does need to see someone.

Unless he's happy putting his life on the line.

If he jokes, about this kind of thing, I'd actually find that very annoying - if he is ill, it's no joke. If he's making comments like "I will try not to die when I'm out" then he's frankly making a mockery of your concerns and he's being very immature (as well as possibly being scared of what it might be and of what might be "found" or "done" to him).

However, he's in a relationship - he has some responsibility for your mental state and it's not fair for you to be worried and for him to joke.

If he is ill again, I'd ring an ambulance (I mean if he is in real pain and collapses) and he would then hopefully have to speak to them - he'd also realise you meant what you said and it may make him take you more seriously. Of course it oculd make him furious with you - but he needs something to start him seeing a professional and he may even thank you at the end of the day. j

JMO

Wys
x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
kel read this it may help,do any of the symptoms sound like this?-

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/migraine.html
Cheers for that Erin. Some things are very familiar and some are not mentioned at all.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I may get him to read this thread, but I doubt it would make a difference, maybe he'd see it wasn't just me worrying about nothing.
i think thats a good idea kel,get him reading this he may realise just how worried you really are
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
If it's been getting worse he does need to see someone.

Unless he's happy putting his life on the line.

If he jokes, about this kind of thing, I'd actually find that very annoying - if he is ill, it's no joke. If he's making comments like "I will try not to die when I'm out" then he's frankly making a mockery of your concerns and he's being very immature (as well as possibly being scared of what it might be and of what might be "found" or "done" to him).

However, he's in a relationship - he has some responsibility for your mental state and it's not fair for you to be worried and for him to joke.

If he is ill again, I'd ring an ambulance (I mean if he is in real pain and collapses) and he would then hopefully have to speak to them - he'd also realise you meant what you said and it may make him take you more seriously. Of course it oculd make him furious with you - but he needs something to start him seeing a professional and he may even thank you at the end of the day. j

JMO

Wys
x
I totally agree with you here.

It is very annoying when he jokes but I know it's just his way of coping with things, and partly I feel it's because he's trying to make me think it's all ok and nothing to worry about by doing it.

It's not often he has collapsed, I think in the whole time, since about november(ish) it's happened only a handful of times (that I know of), but if I ever see him that bad again, I will be calling an ambulance. I think he knows this so I don't know if it will make him inclined to hide it from me if he feels ill, or if it happens when i'm not there, he may stop telling me and pretend he is ok.

He has said as soon as it happens for no reason he will see someone about it, as up to now there has always been a trigger (so he says), like doing strenuous work, or stress or worry e.t.c. Thing is I don't know what is the truth anymore, and what he is saying (or hiding) just to put my mind at rest.

I will ring my own GP in the morning and make an appointment and let you know when that will be. Fingers crossed it's not too long.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:12 PM
It's really unfortunate that you can't call a doctor out on his behalf. The patient has to call them or go themselves. It's a very frustrating situation to be in.

You have my heartfelt sympathy Kel - I hope you can get it sorted. Otherwise, I will have to pack and suitcase and come and kick him soundly up the ar*e.... do you think that'll work?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
It's really unfortunate that you can't call a doctor out on his behalf. The patient has to call them or go themselves. It's a very frustrating situation to be in.

You have my heartfelt sympathy Kel - I hope you can get it sorted. Otherwise, I will have to pack and suitcase and come and kick him soundly up the ar*e.... do you think that'll work?
Hahahaha, maybe if you all came, formed a queue and kicked him up the ass one after another!

It's very frustating, i'm limited in what I can do and it seems everytime I have a new idea it's just as readily dismissed.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Otherwise, I will have to pack and suitcase and come and kick him soundly up the ar*e.... do you think that'll work?
I was thinking the same thing Vicki

Kel, I just hope he will go and see the doctor, if it's nothing then atleast it will put yours and his minds at rest.

If it was my hubby i'd drag him to the doctors

{{{hugs}}} to you X
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I would personaly threaten him, either he gets seen by someone or I would leave. If he thinks anything about the relationship he should do something.

Ian
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Just a thought. There's a company out there now who do MRI scans, I found them on the internet, coz I tried to get one at a local private hospital and they told me my husband would have to be referred first by his own doctor (when he won't go so he didn't have a doctor!!!!)even though I said I'd pay for one?

Anyway, this new firm do various types of scans, you don't need any referral or anything, it's private, you pay, end of. What about that then?? I will give you the name if you're interested coz I've got the paperwork here ok!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 06:28 PM
How did I miss this. God you must be out of your mind with worry. What are they like? I think showing him this thread is a good idea
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >