Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 09:53 PM

Pedigree tests on animals? //Split thread from show sponsor thread//

Pedigree is just teeth rotting non food anyway and i dont know if you are aware but Proctor and Gamble who own pedigree, test on animals and that includes dogs.
As far as im concerned they are better off as far away from dogs and anything dog related as possible!!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Pedigree is just teeth rotting non food anyway and i dont know if you are aware but Proctor and Gamble who own pedigree, test on animals and that includes dogs.
As far as im concerned they are better off as far away from dogs and anything dog related as possible!!!
actually pedigree if Mars..Eukanuba is Proctor and Gamble.
Mars/crown also own JWB and a couple of others.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
actually pedigree if Mars..Eukanuba is Proctor and Gamble.
Mars/crown also own JWB and a couple of others.
You are right i got these two mixed up, but they do still test on animals, soi hope your dog shows will get a better sponser like burns or someone who really care about dogs welfare.
Please see below:

Brands to Boycott
As mentioned above, the main culprits for cruel and unethical animal testing are the major international 'pet' food businesses.

IAMS / Eukanuba owned by Procter & Gamble
Hills Science Diet owned by Colgate Palmolive
The majority of pet food brands available in the UK are produced by two animal testing companies - "Nestlé Purina/Friskies" and "Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc)."

Nestlé Purina/Friskies: Alpo, Bonio, Felix, Go Cat, Gourmet, Omega Complete, Proplan, Spillers, Vital Balance, Winalot.
Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc): Bounce, Cesar, Chappie, Frolic, James Wellbeloved, Katkins, Kitekat, Pal, Pedigree Chum, Royal Canin, Sheba, Techni-cal (US & Canada), Whiskas. Pedigree also manufacture Thomas rabbit food and Trill bird food.

NB Techni-Cal (Europe) although not owned by Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc) is still a company to boycott as they have not signed up to the BUAV No Animal Testing Standard.
So far, none of the supermarkets have pledged to produce their foods without unethical testing processes.

All the other brands of food have so far failed to sign up to the 'No Animal Testing Pet Food Standard'. This means they cannot or will not ensure that their products do not contribute to harmful systematic testing processes.

To encourage them to clean up their acts, ask them why they have not signed up to the 'No Animal Testing Pet Food Standard'. Please forward any responses to us at Uncaged.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
You are right i got these two mixed up, but they do still test on animals, soi hope your dog shows will get a better sponser like burns or someone who really care about dogs welfare.
Please see below:

Brands to Boycott
As mentioned above, the main culprits for cruel and unethical animal testing are the major international 'pet' food businesses.

IAMS / Eukanuba owned by Procter & Gamble
Hills Science Diet owned by Colgate Palmolive
The majority of pet food brands available in the UK are produced by two animal testing companies - "Nestlé Purina/Friskies" and "Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc)."

Nestlé Purina/Friskies: Alpo, Bonio, Felix, Go Cat, Gourmet, Omega Complete, Proplan, Spillers, Vital Balance, Winalot.
Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc): Bounce, Cesar, Chappie, Frolic, James Wellbeloved, Katkins, Kitekat, Pal, Pedigree Chum, Royal Canin, Sheba, Techni-cal (US & Canada), Whiskas. Pedigree also manufacture Thomas rabbit food and Trill bird food.

NB Techni-Cal (Europe) although not owned by Pedigree, Masterfoods (Mars Inc) is still a company to boycott as they have not signed up to the BUAV No Animal Testing Standard.
So far, none of the supermarkets have pledged to produce their foods without unethical testing processes.

All the other brands of food have so far failed to sign up to the 'No Animal Testing Pet Food Standard'. This means they cannot or will not ensure that their products do not contribute to harmful systematic testing processes.

To encourage them to clean up their acts, ask them why they have not signed up to the 'No Animal Testing Pet Food Standard'. Please forward any responses to us at Uncaged.
so what do you sugguest I feed considering barf non feasible .
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
so what do you sugguest I feed considering barf non feasible .
Anything you like, that is up to you.
I just want to make people aware of the pet foods that test on other animals, which includes dogs, as i realise a lot of people are not aware.
I wouldnt want to cause suffering to another animal just to feed my dogs!
Gemma
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Slightly off the original subject i know, but if you are interested in signing a petition against IAMS animal testing please use this link: http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/crueliams
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 03:20 PM
This thread has gone way off topic, it's about sponsorship of dog shows.

Dawn R.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
This thread has gone way off topic, it's about sponsorship of dog shows.

Dawn R.
I agree, looks like I'm never going to get a big yellow bag now.
Does any one know if there still doing the car stickers, it would be a pity to lose them, also if we lose the cc and bp prizes your not going to get a lot for your entry fee you dont even get a rosette.