Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's more of a challenge than I would have accomplished, so well done Sheree. Just remember, wherever you can see daylight, the water will get in, and I think I can see trees through the back top half of it??? If you can't afford featheredged which is quite expensive, beg steal or borrow some, or failing that get yourself off to B & Q they do a massive tarpaulin at only £3.95 and you can cover it up with one of those in the rain. Another idea, what about turning it into a lean-to from somewhere around the side of the house? That way you can fix it securely to the house so it won't blow away in the wind, and you gain a whole side of wood by using the side of the house if you see what I mean?? You would only have to build two sides and a door for it?? Alternatively, come down here coz I've got loads of wood dotted around the place which the builders have left! Either way, you're a braver woman than me tackling something like that! You need a man around the house, it's so much easier!!!:lol:
Ha ha tried that but, unfortunately, they seem to all differ in their capabilities and I got a useless one, note to self, must continue search

Yes, you can see trees at the top, I've got to put some more ply in there but got to the point where I couldn't be asked to saw it if I was going to knock it all down.

Now, these bits of wood that are laying around, I don't suppose they've got any builders attached to them?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
It looks fab Sheree and as Steve says, get some featheredge to make it look nicer and I bet you'll be much happier with it! Good on ya!
Originally Posted by random View Post
It looks fab Sheree! Steve's ideas are great aswell, my dad used shiplap to do his and it makes it look nicer aswell as extending the lifespan, and I think the feather edge is a great idea as it is cheaper, will look great and extend it's lifespan aswell. You can come and make me one out of pallets and ply when I get my new place! :smt002
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I say it looks like a brilliant job well done. It's not a day wasted at all, it will probably last longer than some of the cr*p they sell in some garden centres.
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I agree with everyone else it looks fine to me and if it does the job even better.
Steves idea is a good one.
Originally Posted by john100 View Post
Well i think its great and it should last forever with it being ex ply. Just make sure you put plenty of stuff on the edges.

Well done you
Thanks very much everyone, can't wait for Tuesday now so I can get cracking on it again
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:37 PM
You have not wasted your Day Sheree and have done a wonderful job. Now its time to sit back and relax with a glass or two of wine. You deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Now, these bits of wood that are laying around, I don't suppose they've got any builders attached to them?
Some nice hunky single ones perhaps?:smt002
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Eunice,
I dont think for one minute Sheree is going to enjoy 'Big Pat' on her back. She must be exhausted from working hard all day. A relax in the tub sounds more like it. LOL
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Most definitely NOT a waste of a day, Sheree. It looks brilliant and it's yet another job you have turned you hand to and mastered. You have such guts girl!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
So Sheree you're not as bad as you think you are! I hope we have boosted your confidence in your shed making abilities.
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Aww thanks everyone, I really did think it was a nightmare and that people would say I'd done this wrong or that wrong, but I was ready for it as I really do wnt to learn. You've all really boosted my ego and I'm ready to get going again.

Eunice and John, I've just had a lovely hot soak in the bath and opened a bottle of wine that my sister gave me last weekend (hic), relaxation and celebration in one
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I think thats looks fine. I have a habit of critizing myself half way through when others cannot see the fault I see then when I finish it looks fine its the inbetween bit that cause me to "think"

Yours looks great I like the idea of red too.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I think thats looks fine. I have a habit of critizing myself half way through when others cannot see the fault I see then when I finish it looks fine its the inbetween bit that cause me to "think"

Yours looks great I like the idea of red too.
Thanks Kazz, I think that was the problem, I was loathe to carry on if it was going to be useless but I've got so many ideas again now
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >