Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by ozmutt View Post

I'm in Australia - don't you have any laws about cats?

There would`nt be any point, mogs are a law unto themselves so I can`t imagine anyone being able to enforce any laws on them for their humans to have to adhere to
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi, everyone,

Thank you all for your replys, they're very helpfull, I don't know how to use the multi quote thing but:-

Thank you gaznweebeasties, will try the ultrasonic cat alarms, but only as a last resort, as unless I remember to turn it off it'll affect Jack as well, and my memory can be somewhat non existant at times

Thank you beckyc, but I think I'll give your extra hot chilli pepper a miss, especially as he may like it, the emissions from the wrong end are bad enough as it is

Thank you zoeybeau1,
I'm going to give the pepper a go!

Thank you eloquence,
going to find out more about the prickka stripper

Thank you Nicci_L
Apple cider Vinegar, sounds to good just to be put in the garden but I'll give it a go

Thank you inkliveeva,
pineapple juice/chunk aye, give it ago

Thank you ozmutt
orange/lemon peel, give it ago, but the water squirters sound good, and if I forget to switch it off, all Jack will get is wet, and although he hates having a bath, I can see he would have hours of fun with one of them, unless we have a hose pipe again!.

If i've forgotten anyone I'm sorry, but it's nice to know that my boy isant the only one who does this horrible disgusting thing, but think of me later armed with, pepper, apple cider vinegar and orange & lemon peel sprinkling and placing around my garden, as long as the neighbours don't think I've one ga-ga, and call the men in the white coats out I'll be fine.

ozmutt,
laws about cats, none that I know of, but I'm not a cat owner, love em to bits, just never owned one, and I've no idea how they'd be enforced, how would you stop your cat from pooing in someone elses garden?, from your comment you must have a law in Australia about cats!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:46 AM
There is a plant that you can buy from garden centres that is the opposite of cat nip, it is called Scardey Cat and deters them from going near your garden.

If I were you I would plant some along your boundary to act as a natural deterrant.:smt002
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
There is a plant that you can buy from garden centres that is the opposite of cat nip, it is called Scardey Cat and deters them from going near your garden.

If I were you I would plant some along your boundary to act as a natural deterrant.:smt002
Ooh, I'll get some, only trouble is, if Jack pees up a plant it dies (cant blame it thought ), I love my plants, I feel a lovely long trip to the garden centre coming on Thankx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Ooh, I'll get some, only trouble is, if Jack pees up a plant it dies (cant blame it thought ), I love my plants, I feel a lovely long trip to the garden centre coming on Thankx

What about putting up hanging baskets and plant some of the scardey cat plant with other flowers? That way unless he has a wicked aim he won't pee on them!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi

I havent got any other suggestions than already made but DO NOT waste your money on those ultrasonic things, my dad has tried them all and although they may work at first it did not keep the cats away, they either just get used to them or couldnt care less in the first place.

I am suprised the cat comes in your garden at all with a dog we dont get any cats in ours other than our own, none are brave enough to risk getting caught by Diesel.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
What about putting up hanging baskets and plant some of the scardey cat plant with other flowers? That way unless he has a wicked aim he won't pee on them!
Thats it!, thats done it!, I'm going to be giggling about that all day, I love it!

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Hi

I havent got any other suggestions than already made but DO NOT waste your money on those ultrasonic things, my dad has tried them all and although they may work at first it did not keep the cats away, they either just get used to them or couldnt care less in the first place.

I am suprised the cat comes in your garden at all with a dog we dont get any cats in ours other than our own, none are brave enough to risk getting caught by Diesel.
Thanks about advice on ultra sonic things, as for the cat, well, love him, we have a brick wall between our gardens which is about 6ft or more tall, he sits on top of it, tormenting Jack, Jack goes mad barking and growling at it, and tring to jump up at it, and it just sits there not even flinching, I'm sure it lays in wait untill the house is locked up for the night, then sets up his invasion, as I've never seen him in the garden during the day, or anyother cat come to think of it!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Thanks about advice on ultra sonic things, as for the cat, well, love him, we have a brick wall between our gardens which is about 6ft or more tall, he sits on top of it, tormenting Jack, Jack goes mad barking and growling at it, and tring to jump up at it, and it just sits there not even flinching, I'm sure it lays in wait untill the house is locked up for the night, then sets up his invasion, as I've never seen him in the garden during the day, or anyother cat come to think of it!
Yes cats are very sly, maybe you should get one of your own, they dont like other cats in their territory. We have 3 cats, Diesel loves them, no cat poo in garden, not even their own
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Yes cats are very sly, maybe you should get one of your own, they dont like other cats in their territory. We have 3 cats, Diesel loves them, no cat poo in garden, not even their own
Can't my son has an allergy to cat hair:smt009
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >