Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 11:58 AM

23 today!

I am twenty-three today :smt113

I'm having a weird day For the first time since leaving school, I am at work on my birthday. I was off ill all last week, so I thought it was a bit cheeky to put a day's leave in as soon as I came back .

Woke up this morning to balloons all over the bedroom floor :smt007 . A few had made their way up against the radiator, and I was surprised that they hadn't exploded when the central heating came on! D gave me a book I have been begging for since I heard it was coming out in the Spring (Terry Pratchett's "Making Money"), and the card he gave me was brilliant! It said:
"Birthdays are like puppies...
The more you have, the more your furniture smells like wee!"

I know I have two cards waiting on the mantlepiece (one from my Grandma, and one from my Grandad who lives in Canada), but I will open those this evening, and then sit down with my "Thankyou" stationary and write them a note each (I think a note is more personal than a telephone call, and without the awkward silences that come with phoning seldom seen relatives!)

The dogs also decided to present me with a birthday gift :smt078 . One of them (we're blaming Sam) left a large lake of liquid poo by the back door. Lovely critters - they have a dogflap and know how to use it.

This evening, my dad and step-mother are coming over for dinner and I discovered last night (I think it was meant to be a secret, but D let slip) that they're bringing rainbow trout with them as a special treat (I don't like rainbow trout ).

So I'm sure it will be an interesting evening! It's my sharer's night to look after my horse, so I was looking forward to taking some painkillers and crawling into bed with a few episodes of Voyager and some time on Dogsey (miserable hermit that I am ).
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Happy Birthday!

Hope that the rest of your day gets a little better and 'enjoy' your rainbow trout later!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Becky
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Happy birthday honey
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:00 PM

I hope that you have a lovely day xxdk
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Happy Birthday

The balloons were a lovely idea

I'm with you on the fish thing, hate fish!!! I guess you can always smile politely and apologise as you didn't know they were bringing it and have already cooked something &put it in the fridge for 'later'!:smt002

Hope you have a lovely day, even though you've depressed me as I am 13 yrs older than you lol
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Happy Birthday, I'm soooo with you on the fish thing, YUCK! I like Anne-Marie's suggestion of cooking something! LOL!

Have a lovely evening though! xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Happy birthday.

Hope you enjoy Making Money - I love the Pratchett books.

Hopefully the rainbow trout is in fact a red herring & they're bringing something you actually like

Anyway, have a great day (what's left of it)
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >