Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2006, 05:31 PM

Had an incident earlier.GRRRRRRRRRR

Decided to leave a bit earlier this evening to get son from work and post a letter and walk Ollie through the Town.
there was a Taxi Driver parked on a bend 3ft away from a junction on his moblile phone,so I waited behind him thinking he might move as it was difficult to pull round him oh no he sat there so as I pulled away my bumper clipped his bumper,so he shouted out his window you have snacked me up the A**e,so I pulled in to check for damage no damage to either vehicle,I pointed out he wasn't parked safely and we as residents are getting fed up with the parking,(he also agreed no damage.)
He didn't like the idea of me a mere Woman I suppose giving as good as I got,so he said I want your Insurance details so I said no we agreed no damage and drove away he shouted after me I am reporting you and have your reg no:to which I replied good.
I turned around an drove home and have reported it to the Police myself,and have an incident number incase he decides later to make anything of it.I didn't think you were allowed to be on a Public Highway stationery even with engine turned off using your mobile.
Sorry for the long garbled post but needed to get it out of my system.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I know nothing about the laws of the road, but it seems to me that you are right in this anyhow . Some taxi drivers think they rule the road, a few years ago we broke down and to be safe pushed our car to the side of the road (which was a taxi rank) I waited with the car while OH went to phone RAC, Taxi drivers (two) came over and started giving me a load of abuse I told them for one the car is broken down and number two even if I could get it going I was taking it no where as I dont drive, they then took pictures of the car in the rank and said they were going to report it, I said go ahead its not like they dont park whereever they like! OH came back and they got in their cars and drove off Nothing came of it, RAC came and fixed the car, we left. Did report the drivers to the company they worked for and they denied all knowledge
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't think he will do anything,he just didn't like me giving him a mouthful back.
Glad you were ok with your incident.Trouble is some of them think they can park where they like and drive faster than anyone else(not all mind).
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I don't think he will do anything,he just didn't like me giving him a mouthful back.
Glad you were ok with your incident.Trouble is some of them think they can park where they like and drive faster than anyone else(not all mind).
I was in a taxi just two nights ago and the driver admitted to speeding and to running red lights, said the police have even seen him do it and not stopped him because (as he says) "taxi drivers are great drivers" Shame then that being a great driver means you run red lights and speed Cant say I am at all a great driver, in fact I failed my test from speeding, purely by accident, dont realise quite how fast you are going when you are trying to keep the same distance between you and the car in front
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2006, 06:36 PM
He aint a patch on a taxi driver from round here-he was reported to his boss years ago by his passengers for driving his Vauxhall Senator 3.0 24v at 140mph...

He picked me up from pub many times and can confirm he does drive fast!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 06:39 PM
It's a well known fact I think, that taxi drivers are a law unto themselves and think they own the road and can do what the h*ll they like, stop where they want, pull across you, anything in fact. I hate them all!!!!!!!

Well done youfor sticking up for yourself, and even more well done you for phoning the Police and getting one step ahead on him - love that bit!!!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Im sorry to hear this, he sounds likea complete idiot.

Good on you giving as good as you get!

Its a very good thing u reported it to the police 1st, cover yourself, you have done nothing wrong.

I really think some people shouldnt be allowed to drive, we get alot of idiot drivers here too...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks everyone my Son and Hubbie say he is all mouth .
If I dissappear suddenly you know I have been arrested and slammed in jail,if they do come round I will say to them why aren't you looking for the gang that attacked my son and Friends last month and Michael ended up in casualty,becuae he had a bottle snashed over the back of his head.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2006, 08:21 PM
I think if the taxi driver bothers to read the highway code, he`ll find its illegal to park less than 10 metres (or feet cant remember which ) away from a junction.

Good on you for standing up to him

Bloody bully
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 05:09 AM
i got hit by a taxi who was busy signalling to another taxi from the same company. the driver was abusive at the scene of the accident and dragged his heels with the insurance company. even told them at one point that i reversed into him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >