Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Video for Patch (and anyone else)

I've been trying to take pics of Missy jumping but I can't quite get the timing right with my digital camere. I set up a little jump in the hallway and videoed it instead so here it is. http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...t=CRMV0013.flv
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 04:55 PM
love the video well done
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Thats brilliant. Well done Missy looks to be loving it. I'm sure Patch will be online soon as she can to see it, but i know when I was chatting to her last night she was feeling unwell.
I'll give her a ring later and tell her its here if she hasn't been on as I know she would love to see it.

Bev
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I`m here :smt039 Still poorly and a tad grumpy with it now but if I`m well enough to be stroppy I must be on the mend

Missysmum, what a great little vid, thank you so much for posting it

Something was happening there which, whether deliberate or not was very good to see - you did`nt ask her to jump back and forth without her stopping in between

A mistake people sometimes make is having a dog pop over from both sides repeatedly which encourages whats called Back Jumping. For those who have`nt heard of it, if a dog goes the right way over a jump then immediately turns back over it again, its elimination in competition. There should always be a definate pause before asking the dog to go over the same jump again in the opposite direction and each time in the clip Missy had plenty of time to complete and `finish` before jumping again - perfect

She looks very comfortable indeed with jumping, lovely easy movement, pacing her strides nicely already, very fluid indeed :smt026
She`s got the makings of a potentially *cracking* agility dog, I`m thrilled for her and for you that you are both enjoying it

I believe that every physically able dog should get the opportunity to have the fun that Missy is having
so to any one reading who has never considered trying it, just look at how Missy is getting on in just a few short weeks - your doglets might love it too, go on, give it a whirl :smt023
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I`m here :smt039 Still poorly and a tad grumpy with it now but if I`m well enough to be stroppy I must be on the mend

Missysmum, what a great little vid, thank you so much for posting it

Something was happening there which, whether deliberate or not was very good to see - you did`nt ask her to jump back and forth without her stopping in between

A mistake people sometimes make is having a dog pop over from both sides repeatedly which encourages whats called Back Jumping. For those who have`nt heard of it, if a dog goes the right way over a jump then immediately turns back over it again, its elimination in competition. There should always be a definate pause before asking the dog to go over the same jump again in the opposite direction and each time in the clip Missy had plenty of time to complete and `finish` before jumping again - perfect

She looks very comfortable indeed with jumping, lovely easy movement, pacing her strides nicely already, very fluid indeed :smt026
She`s got the makings of a potentially *cracking* agility dog, I`m thrilled for her and for you that you are both enjoying it

I believe that every physically able dog should get the opportunity to have the fun that Missy is having
so to any one reading who has never considered trying it, just look at how Missy is getting on in just a few short weeks - your doglets might love it too, go on, give it a whirl :smt023
Hiya Patch , I hope you're feeling better now. . Thankyou very much for your nice comments , that is a big boost to my confidence . I've never heard about " back jumping" , that's just the way I train her . She IS the kind of dog who would happily bounce back and forward over the same jump all day . At training , we are concentrating on waiting at obstacles , and Missy only moves when I release her. She is very , very , keen and by asking her to wait , hopefully she won't rush too much when we do start competing , and knock the jumps flying everywhere. I agree with Patch , people should have a go , even if it's just for fun. Missy is my FIRST dog , she had done no training when I got her 1 year ago. She also had a leg injury 9 months ago , and had surgery on that leg 5 months ago. The video was taken after just 3 weeks agility training , and Missy ( me too ) has learned so much in such a short space of time. We have also formed a stronger bond and Missy is more attentive. She also is not bouncing round the house all the time now , or constantly attention seeking as her energy ,( mental and physical), is being used up in agility training. . ps Patch , I love the bit where you said Missy has the potential to be a " cracking" agility dog . My instructor loves her and has said the same . We'll just have to see if I can keep up with her on a full course .
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Fantastic video!!!!

When Blue is older, she'll be trying agility I can't wait!

Thanks for sharing!