30-01-2010, 02:52 AM

How much can you mourn a pet?

good article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8454288.stm
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Good article, some of it is so true, these pets of ours are with us day and night, are there when we cry, can tell our secrets too and know it is safe, who can make us smile when we least feel like it, do not judge us, do not want more than we can give, would happily live in a cardboard box if it meant they could be by our side, have seen us at our worst and our best..........who wouldnt mourn all of that.
But I know a lot of people that have the "its only an animal attitude' that is why Dogsey is so good as I don't feel like an alien because I care about my boys
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I still cry for my Jake and it's been two years They love unconditionally and as Emrad says they would happily live in a cardboard box with you.

Grief is grief
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 03:04 PM
An interesting article. Our family dog 'Roach' who was a heinz 57 died in Aug 98. I still have a picture of him under the rainbow bridge poem in my room. He'd have been 19 this year if he could have lived that long. I still miss him.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I miss all mine, my dogs, guinea pigs and rabbits....
My Raffles bunny I can't think about as his loss is still so painful to me and if I hear Take That's Rule the World, I blub, its my song for Remy... and I am nowhere near getting over her... I have photos of her everywhere, my darling Duchess, who knew the secrets of my soul and never betrayed me... I love and miss them all and they all take a piece of me with them...
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 04:26 PM
they all leave Pawprints on your heart

i designed this in memory of the dogs i have lost over the years.

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Good article, some of it is so true, these pets of ours are with us day and night, are there when we cry, can tell our secrets too and know it is safe, who can make us smile when we least feel like it, do not judge us, do not want more than we can give, would happily live in a cardboard box if it meant they could be by our side, have seen us at our worst and our best..........who wouldnt mourn all of that.
But I know a lot of people that have the "its only an animal attitude' that is why Dogsey is so good as I don't feel like an alien because I care about my boys
excellent post emma, and so spot on. dogs are amazing animals. i cant imagine my life without jake now...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
excellent post emma, and so spot on. dogs are amazing animals. i cant imagine my life without jake now...
i second that. dylan and lily have enriched my life so much and i feel sad for people who never get to experience the love of an animal. it is the only truly unconditional love you will ever have.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I still get upset about all the amimals I have lost at various times . The worst was my first whippet Sky who died when she was only 2 . That was 16 years ago and I still cry about her
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
they all leave Pawprints on your heart

i designed this in memory of the dogs i have lost over the years.

This is lovely.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >