Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 11:50 AM

My doggy family!

Firstly thought I would introduce my doggy family for those of you who do not already know about them

Zuki is my baby girl although she isn't really a baby anymore. She is 21 months old and is a white Siberian Husky. She has been spayed which didn't go according to plan and today she still has staples; hopefully they will be removed tomorrow She has been the most wonderful dog to share my life with, although she can show a little snobbery at times especially when it comes to whats entering her mouth, you certainly wouldn't catch her chewing on a dirty sock not now she thinks she's grown up In fact no doubt as I am writing this she has probably rearranged the duvet on my bed and curled up to sleep, the floor is just not good enough nor is her v.expensive bed, nor was the eiderdown quilt which she had until she distroyed it Wouldn't change her for the world, a million pounds wouldn't replace her.

Well this is Baku who is certainly a handful at just over 4months old He has become affectionately known as Kebabaku after we found (after an operation) that he had eaten, whole, what looked like a wooden skewer He is also known as puppyface, because he has that cute little face which melts your heart, which is lucky for him because he gets himself into a lot of trouble He is a mummys boy, as I type he is lying across my feet, cant be without me, looking down he looks so sweet an innocent but you wouldn't believe the lengths I will go to so as not to wake him because as soon as he is awake he will be up to something, usually eating things he shouldn't be

The two of them make a right pair, cant live with each other and cant be without each other. Seperate them and all hell breaks loose, put them in the same room and all hell breaks loose They keep me on my toes thats for sure I couldn't be without either of them though, I enjoy them both in their own different ways. I think I have been really lucky to find two completely different dogs like my two. Cant deny that both on occassion have driven me nuts with worry and stress

I have had other doglets, I have taken in dogs advertised for free in local papers. Once the most affectionate and loving dalmation called Sasha who is an absolute dream to own even though she is deaf, her new owner is a wonderful person and I couldn't have hoped for a nicer home for her. Would have loved to have kept her, we tried but failed at every hurdle when it came to Zuki. They just couldn't get along the last straw was when they were having a full on fight and I forgot myself for a second and shouted at them to stop, Zuki did but of course Sasha didn't hear me and took a chunk out of Zuki's face, completely my fault but still awful to witness. Zuki healed well and you wouldn't know but ouldn't risk it being worse the next time Still see Sasha she has come on leaps and bounds with her training
Wooly, another fantastic dog, a collie. I picked him up from a guy in a pub, at the time I lived in a flat and knew I wouldn't be keeping him but as soon as I saw the ad I knew I had to do something, so I called everyone I knew who had dogs until my aunt said she would take him, she wasn't sure because she never quite got over the loss of her last dog but she thought she may have room in her heart for him. So I collected him, I kept him with me for a week to assess his behaviour and he was fantastic, in a week he learnt all sorts of new tricks so quickly and he is such a lovely dog. My aunt changed his name to wolfy because wooly being shouted across a park sounded like willy and she got some strange looks But he has been with her for more than 2 years now and has squeezed himself someroom in the whole families hearts
The first of my own dogs was a cocker spaniel, which I found wandering near where I lived and named him tech, I advertised for his owners and contacted all the rescues and no one would claim this little bundle. I was 18 worked a full time job and although I had a large home all to myself I knew it wasn't fair to keep him, I had him for months before the right home came along and it happened by chance. I wasn't well and so went to my doctor and while I was there I got chatting to him about Tech and my doctor asked if he could meet him as his wife was going to be lonely when their last child left home and so he was thinking of buying her a dog, but it just so happens they fell in love with Tech and took him in The last time I saw him he was a spoiled little brat and I couldn't have wished for a better home for him, he is still the only dog in their household and he likes it that way
Thats without mentioning all the dogs that we had through my childhood, my stepmum is a fosterer of doglets and so we have had some real treasures, even little Sally another deaf dalmation who went on to become quite famous in the dog world and has been on several Tv shows.
But I cant complete this without mentioning Ellie, a GSD who came to us as a pup from rescue and is still with my stepmum now.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Brilliant Blog Donna and great pics of your dogs
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Nice pictures of your lovely dogs Donna and a Great Blog.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Great insight into what makes you you too I think Donna - you clearly care a great deal for dogs, and Rocky says he wants to play with Zuki! Just a quick side note, if you 'upload' a pic and use the attach tags, rather than the IMG tags, and the attach code is in the first bit of your blog, the pic will show on the Blog Homepage too For some reason normal IMG pictures broke the layout of that page so I had to turn them off on all but the actual blog entry pages..
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Brilliant Blog Zuba, good to get to know you and your dogs a bit better!