View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Well sorry to put the cat amongst the pigeons but we tried everything and have gone back to the harness. She still pulls when she really wants to but usually just with excitement on the way out. Luckily she's not a big dog. Feel for those of you with big dogs and this problem
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
I bought a halti very recently, and it is fantastic!

Not even a gentle pull on the lead, Bodhi trots by my side.

Great stuff
Yep, worked great with Abby, although I've never tried any of the others. My GSD got it off easy. She just backed up and it came off over her head.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ray
Yep, worked great with Abby, although I've never tried any of the others. My GSD got it off easy. She just backed up and it came off over her head.
Cassie escaped hers twice and just will not tolerate anything on her face. The first time she escaped across a road, very lucky it wasn't busy at the time
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
ried ben with a hrness but he still pulled, but used the halti and he walks great on it.he dont like it, but hes getting used to it.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 08:51 PM
We tried the halti head collar with attachment link thing, halti harness and the dogmatic head collar, the dogmatic was by far the best for our dogs (who are great pullers) I would highly recommend the dogmatic head collar.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 09:08 PM
I use both Halti and a stop-pull harness. I've got a double ended lead which links to both - the Halti is also attached to the collar so no chance of her escaping! That way I can vary the tension - if she behaves I lead on the harness if she starts carrying on I can quickly lead on the halti.

She pulls like mad and it has helped a great deal - just need to get her to be nice to people and we're laughing!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I tried a harness with gemma when she was younger ,but it seems to me that most of her strengh is in her shoulders so she felt even stronger i also tried a gentle leader but ,it seemed to squeeze her flabby bits and then i found something called a GENCON its perfect ,soft fabric woven webbing,washable ,and so easy to use,i found that in no time at all i didnt need it anymore but keep it anyway just in case i bought mine at a dog show but you should be able to find one on the net .goodluck
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I have a halti on Patch, and it has the connection to his collar. So he cannot get away if he gets the halti off. Which he doesn't do, he rubs his nose on the grass from time to time but, has no real problems with the halti itself, he lets us put it on with no worries. I must say it's a real pleasure taking him for walks now, I still have two arms!!!
Millie still uses her harness, and we hope one day Patch will go back in to his. I love the harness (prefer them to a collar) but if your dog pulls then he will pull harder in a harness as he doesn't have anything to stop him.
AnneXX
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 09:01 PM
I use a harness on my JRT but my Rottie x GSD wears a dogmatic headcollar for road walking. She is not good with trafficetc and a normal collar she choked herself half to death on. A harness she sets her shoulders head down and pulls me off my feet. Tried a Halti was fine but went up into her eyes. Then tried a Gencon but she choked like mad with that.
The Dogmatic gives me full control in any situation with no stress or discomfort to my girl or myself.
There is no substitute for good training and my girl works very well at obedience in a normal flat or half check but in outside situations she often gets fearful and cannot concentrate to listen to commands.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Ben wears a halti and has just about accepted it!!! He tries but isn't quite smart enough to get it off yet, I bought him a webbing harness and that SO did not work, he just leaned into it and PULLED

But have to agree that people see him in halti and assume its a muzzle so he must be some dangerous creature to keep children dogs and anything else away from
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >