View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Just had to add to this, just got back from the lakes with Isla and one bloke said to his son "That's a Cocker Spaniel."

Have to say I LMAO right in front of him, I just couldn't hold it in!

Now I know the lakes is working dog country, but a Cocker? How big does he think Cockers get?
mandyc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Yes it really get's my back up when people ask me if both my boxers are full boxers as the pup (ZAK) nose is a little bit longer than Clyed's. As Zak is 11 month's younger than Clyed and is still growing his nose is going to be a bit longer than his older brother, When he has fully grown his nose still might be a bit longer but at the end of the day he is still a full breed boxer the same as his brother and they came from the same dame and sire just 11 months apart. Some people can be so stupid
muttsrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:50 AM
my daughter was walking her gsd bitch and yogi our spitz puppy to her house the other day and yogi is a wolf sable colour and people kept stopping her and saying oh look at her with her puppy, amy said people would not believe her when she said no it is a spitz totally different breed
carolann
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Just had to add to this, just got back from the lakes with Isla and one bloke said to his son "That's a Cocker Spaniel."

Have to say I LMAO right in front of him, I just couldn't hold it in!

Now I know the lakes is working dog country, but a Cocker? How big does he think Cockers get?

They were probably tourists........
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I get asked a lot what my mal is,is she Japanese Akita,Siberian Husky etc......even been asked if she's wolf.

Tell them she's Alaskan Malamute and they look at me like Im daft an say " Can you repeat that "

There's only one woman been able to recognise the breed whilst I was out walking one day in the park.

But kids,teenagers etc presume she's husky because of her markings.

Was working one night,when a girl and her boyfriend came up to my till and she asked if I had an husky cos she'd seen me walking Flow in the area we live,I said " No ",she said, " Yeah you have,I've seen you ", so I replied that she wasnt a husky but she was a Malamute.

And another things that really riles me is when people come up to me and ask how much they're worth,so annoying,
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-09-2006, 03:55 PM
that would get me too whats cost got to do with the breed?
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2006, 04:06 PM
God knows

I dont tell no one anyway lol,nowt to do with em,nosy sods
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-09-2006, 04:11 PM
asking what breed what group etc is 1 thing cost is quite another.........
next time say if you want to know the price do some research into the breed!
not many asked us the price but it isn't some thing i wouldn't automatically answer.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Thats why I love my Jack Russell- no pedigree- no value - just my Gorgeous mutt- dont need papers to have a perfect pup
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 09:24 PM
The thing that is annoying is when people ask "Is your dog a Weimaraner?"

I then reply "No it is a Hungarian Vizsla" and as they walk away I hear them say, "She's just made that name up, it is a Weimaraner, just the wrong colour!!"

If they are so knowledgeable - why ask in the first place!!
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »