Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by whippetwatch View Post
I don't need to read any posts "properly" to be able to voice my opinion.

Jade Goody disgusts me - always has, always will do.
Perhaps you should before you make yourself look a fool by quoting something said that wasn't even about Jade and jumping to conclusions, look before you leap and all that...
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Well I have never pretended to be a fan of Jade and am still not, however, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. It's horrible what she's going through but I also don't agree with the publicity, the huge wedding, the wedding dress paid for by Mohammed Fayed and the leniency being showed to her fiance by having his curfew changed.
There are thousands of normal everyday people who have lived through and died of cancer who did so privately with dignity and who were unable to provide their families with the kind of money she has access to through all of this media attention.
Frankly I find it all vulgar and unneccessary and don't want to see or read another thing about it.
All of the above is of course only my opinion but one I feel very strongly about.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't need to read any posts "properly" to be able to voice my opinion.

Jade Goody disgusts me - always has, always will do.
You seem to still not be getting the point.

You quoted Lionhounds comment about ClaireandDaisy's Mum, who sadly died of cervical cancer.
Your comment, was about Jade so either you shouldn't have used a quoted comment about someone else's Mum or you meant it about ClaireandDaisy's Mum, which I doubt and hope not.

Either way IMO an apology is due.

Put your readers on next time before you jump on a high horse.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 08:16 PM
actually my mum would have had a good giggle.
I can`t comment on the Jade thing because I can`t bear the whole manufactured `celeb` thing where you get famous for being famous. I did hear a comment once from a social scientist that these pseudo-celebs (WAGs, Big Brother peeps etc)and all the news about them took the place of good old-fashioned Gossip about our local community, extended family etc. These days we`re lucky if we know who our neighbours are let alone details of their lives.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I was never a fan of Jade Goody, and I'm still not. However, I feel desperately sorry for her and her children and wouldn't have wished this on her.

As for it being shown on the telly, if there is any truth in this, then I think it would be quite sick, actually. She already has more than enough money to secure her childrens future financially, she doesn't need to resort to this.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't watch it.

But... if she wants to, then that's her choice and if people want to watch it that's theirs.

Let bygones be bygones...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I believe the truth is that she is doing the wedding and then ending the filming, at least this is what her agent is protesting today.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle5775935.ece

And everyone protesting how sick and vile she is over a rumour?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I believe the truth is that she is doing the wedding and then ending the filming, at least this is what her agent is protesting today.

I agree Random . Why do people always see the worst of everything? I like to find the good in people before I start looking for the bad. Admittedly, I have come across a few people in life (even on Forums) that I haven't been able to find any good in, just sad cases that put everyone else down because they don't have a life but, Jade (and especially in her situation) doesn't deserve it

I hope Jade is well enough to enjoy her big day, as when I saw "Jade" on Living earlier in the week, she was looking quite poorly, bless her
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

I think that's a bit harsh, I don't think generally people have been saying she is sick and vile, we all know she is sick, as in ill and generally feel sorry for her, and that is I think representative of the majority of posts.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 11:28 PM
She sounds like a self obsessed, media loving numpty.

I have never respected her, and although I have some sympathy for her now, I cannot believe that someone can live their life and now death behaving with such bad taste and lack of any semblance of dignity.

She is a money worshipper right to the end. It is obscene.
I think Random may have been referring to this (above)which I thought was OTT in the circumstances, particularly the last sentence. Also one or two others did say the idea was "sick" if I remember right We all have a right to our opinion but I think it just leaves a bad taste when some are being so critical even when a woman is about to leave her young boys, in a haze of pain and fear. If some can't be compassionate and understanding to someone in that position, they'd have to have a very hard heart or none at all, in my opinion
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >