Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
It takes soooo much intelligence and empathy to shock a dog, doesn't it? I trust the other forums will find him and his methods as repulsive as we do.
I don't hang out on any kind of forum that would take him seriously, TBH... but that doesn't stop him trying. Just to say we're not his only opponents, though it sometimes feels like it!
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
I don't hang out on any kind of forum that would take him seriously, TBH... but that doesn't stop him trying. Just to say we're not his only opponents, though it sometimes feels like it!
Sorry was that thread to me??? Yes i am Serious when it comes to dogs just because they are so clever and always happy and playful.They are great company.As they say Mans best friend. I put my post up because i miss Rex and i think about him a lot too and what had happened, maybe it was all my fault and maybe Rex would be still here now if i did'nt take him out at that time I'M sorry that you feel that way about me and i was'nt trying anything and yes your not. { Sorry}
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Sorry was that thread to me??? Yes i am Serious when it comes to dogs just because they are so clever and always happy and playful.They are great company.As they say Mans best friend. I put my post up because i miss Rex and i think about him a lot too and what had happened, maybe it was all my fault and maybe Rex would be still here now if i did'nt take him out at that time I'M sorry that you feel that way about me and i was'nt trying anything and yes your not. { Sorry}
ok confuzzed.com why did you think the post is directed at you?...you wasnt even quoted
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
ok confuzzed.com why did you think the post is directed at you?...you wasnt even quoted
You're not the only confuzzed one Tupac
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Sorry was that thread to me???
Absolutely not, and I can't see why you thought so!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
THE seminar I was referring to was in ENGLAND, It was with BART BELLON.

NOT IN IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Electronic collars are as good or bad as the person using them. I use mine so that I can hear where my dogs are if they go long distance after some whitetails, and if I choose I can bring them back silently with the vibrate. If my dogs chose to play with or harass a bear cub, they would get shocked back to me if they did not return on command, and this would keep them safe from the angry mother bear. There is a reason for everything, there is even a book called why do my dogs eat poop, well this is easy to stop with the appropriate shock. Many of the people that are adverse to e-collars never let their dogs loose, the e-collar is a leash of sorts that allows freedom. I have to laugh at dogs heeling on a leash, my dogs will heel at my side without a leash. Not sure why the UK banned e-collars, with all the good dog trainers that they have?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Perhaps because good dog trainers don't need to use punishments to train their dogs?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Perhaps good trainers let their dogs play with bear cubs. Or perhaps like most people they are brainwashed into believing that dogs do not belong off leash ever, which is about 99 percent of owners. https://www.flickr.com/photos/136279...57659844998024 I can communicate to my dog without saying a word from over a mile away if need be, can you? Has your dog ever been that far off leash from you? The e in e collar is for electronic, not electric, great trainers know and use this.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2016, 11:01 PM
If you are 'communicating' when your dog is out of sight (which he would be over a mile away) how the heck do you know:

What you are communicating?

Whether you are adding to your dogs distress by giving a shock when s/he is hurt or afraid?

We don't have bear cubs in the UK so the situation wouldn't arise, but I imagine it would be the same as training a farm dog not to attack/kill the livestock etc.

Would I let my dog off lead in an area where she would be likely to meet a bear cub - NO!
Closed Thread
Page 90 of 98 « First < 40 80 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 > Last »