Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hjewellj
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Nibbles my neck

I have a 4 year old Jack Russell who, when excited, starts to nibble on my neck. He only does this when I wake up or come home after leaving the house for a while. I just wonder what it means? He never hurts me, in fact he is very gentle, always wagging his tail, and making little noises like he cannot contain his excitement. But I just wonder if it means something else because he chooses to bite my neck?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by hjewellj View Post
I have a 4 year old Jack Russell who, when excited, starts to nibble on my neck. He only does this when I wake up or come home after leaving the house for a while. I just wonder what it means? He never hurts me, in fact he is very gentle, always wagging his tail, and making little noises like he cannot contain his excitement. But I just wonder if it means something else because he chooses to bite my neck?
Hi Heather dogs will often gently 'nibble' exposed areas of human skin when given the chance (and if they have not been dissuaded from doing so ) .
Nibbling is a soothing and calming gesture, dogs often nibble toys and also each other, I guess the latter is part of the grooming process.