Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Clo
I would say they both look fine - to say how much of a little fatty Daphni was in her baby photos

Leanne, Jessie doesn't need to lose weight and Jed is fine - he's "not fat, he's fluffy" (Forgot the comedians name) and Flynn's fine too.

Tassle - 3 is stunning!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Westie_N

Molly - i would say top end of ideal (especially on 2nd pic)
Roxy - ideal
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
Westie_N

Molly - i would say top end of ideal (especially on 2nd pic)
Roxy - ideal
Thank you, Kirsty.

And I agree with you re. Molly about the top end of ideal. She's not fat by any means and I have to be extremely careful with her feeding as she puts on weight SO easily, it's ridiculous. Bit like myself! I wish I had Roxy's physique.

I've been doing extra training with Molly for heelwork to music which require extra feeding, more so at the beginning and I've been trying to balance that with more exercise. She has put on 0.2 kilos since August and I'm desperately trying for her NOT to put on any more. I'm currently winning the battle thougha as I don't want her overight and affecting her joints etc.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Clo
I would say they both look fine - to say how much of a little fatty Daphni was in her baby photos

Leanne, Jessie doesn't need to lose weight and Jed is fine - he's "not fat, he's fluffy" (Forgot the comedians name) and Flynn's fine too.

Tassle - 3 is stunning!
That would be Celt (Runes dog)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
That would be Celt (Runes dog)
I did wonder who he was...he's beautiful - then again you and Rune have beautiful dogs!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Dahlia is at a good weight. But honestly? It's hard to tell. She looks fat in all her photos because all you can see is the hair. You have to be near her, feel her, and watch her move so you can see where her body ends and her hair begins. Especially after her grooming because her fur is all super fluffy!

You can sort of see her here when she had less of a coat.

Here's a picture in her full coat from a few weeks ago. She actually weighs about .4 pound LESS than in the picture before it.

And here's the sort of funny thing. A picture from this weekend after grooming. Her hair basically sticks straight out and adds something like 2 inches around her in fluffy hair. She weighs the same as she did in the previous picture.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 09:07 PM

2. (black and white collie)

x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:54 AM
daphni was a HUGE fat puppy... for any of you who havent seen the fatty here she is....

this was before she had even left the breeders, and was like double the size of her hairless sisters feel free to laugh, i often do when i find these pictures
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 08:59 AM
collie convert..... nice fit slim (working) dogs
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Jed - I know he's several kg's overweight but he has a nice tuck and is generally a heavily built dog. His short legs dont do him any favours!):

Flynn - IMO he is ideal:

Jessie - Perhaps could do with losing a kg so I would say is the heavier end of ideal!

I have to admit I do get a bit tetchy when i'm told that any of my dogs are overweight, particularly Jed. I've struggled all his life to maintain an ideal weight and so dont appreciate people pointing it out as if I dont know and making assumptions.

But feel free to comment, I wont get upset this time!
im the first to say if summinks overweight i really cant stand it....but imo all yours are lovely weights
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »