Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-04-2014, 08:53 AM

Aliens!

I'd taken shelter in an old water tank, some 30 metres above the ground. This should allow me to steer clear of the acidic fumes that nightly flowed from the ship and caused people to choke and flee. I was tired, God knows. I'd hidden and run, run and hidden from the Night Hunters for months. Nobody knew what they were, where they had come from, but in less than 5 months they had brought civilisation, as we knew it, to a crashing end. Now all we could do is hide, run, survive. Regroup. One day...one day we would fight back. Of that I was sure. Humanity is indomitable. One day we WOULD fight back. But first we had to survive.
The tank was steel, cool and safe, it would protect me from the actinic light of the sun through the chemical clouds, and its height would keep me in fresh air. I unpacked a sleeping bag and gratefully slid into sleep.
Suddenly I was awake! What the hell...the noise was a rhythmic grinding. Someone...no...someTHING was outside, and was trying to get in through the steel. A grinder was slowly but noisily eating through the safe steel. And then the shaking started...
Like breathing...BUZZ Grind...BUZZ Grind...BUZZ Grind...like a snoring breath it...wait...what?
Suddenly I was REALLY awake...Seren, inverted, was twitching in the crook of my arm. Snoring like a
"Grarfoof!"
grinder on a...sorry? What?
"I did a grarfoof. Grar...foof. You do grarfoof too when you sleepin'"
Ah.
Shut up...
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 01:06 PM
LOL yes Dougal sounds like a giant drill going through the thickest bit of wood you can find when he is sleeping.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 01:09 PM

Gaz,you're wasted Really should be writing books,short stories at least!! Maybe you are already
Love reading your stuff
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post

Gaz,you're wasted Really should be writing books,short stories at least!! Maybe you are already
Love reading your stuff
I do have two books out on Lulu.com/. Working on A Life in the Year of Willow the Dog at the moment, a tribute to my friend and companion of 13 years...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gaz webber View Post
I do have two books out on Lulu.com/. Working on A Life in the Year of Willow the Dog at the moment, a tribute to my friend and companion of 13 years...
Good for you,Well Done
Going to have a look at those