Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Blooming cheek.

Do you have the equivalent of our office of fair trading there ?

Other than that can't think what to suggest other than what you have already tried.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 08:15 AM
But surely, they aren't supplying your order as they haven't got what you ordered in stock (ie the colour). They have also broken their delivery promise.

Here, I'm pretty sure that you could claim a full refund because of non-supply.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2012, 08:53 AM
I have telephoned the Shopping channel and bought this

in brown and have been assured it will be delivered within 10 working days. I have paid for it from my Mastercard in one payment and have received a receipt by email.

As of now I am still waiting for someone to telephone me regarding the other couch and some way it will be sorted. As I have said, I have bought major things through the Shopping Channel and have been satisfied with everything. Quality, price, delivery on time, I mean heck, I bought a complete bedroom suite from/through them and it is beautiful.

I am just sitting here crying because someone, not the Shopping Channel but the suppliers of the other couch, phoned me said it would be here this afternoon and then phoned at almost crack of dawn saying no no no, you cannot have brown, only red, black or white - when I had already been paying for it.

The new order I have paid for in full, one payment, and have been assured within 10 working days.

Still no call about the "cancelled" order and every time I telephone I am told "sorry, no speaky English, someone will call".
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh Malka! I am glad you said it wasn't for you to sit on - the one in the piccie looks very LOW - not good for getting up off of and not good for your back!

Surely they cannot insist you take another colour?

I bought a new couch last Xmas having chucked out a big heavy one (only because 2 of my kids were coming for xmas - I only need one big recliner - I've only got one bum and a tiny dog and am a world class cheapskate when it comes to replacing 'household type' items!)

Black leathery L shaped thing. It is easier to get dog hair off the surface of it but ... it shows every dusty paw print! So I end up still covering it in throws just as I did when I had a cloth covered one.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

28-10-2012, 09:41 AM
No, it is not for me to sit on, neither was the other one. Just as a couch which opens to an emergency spare double bed. But the one I had ordered is leatherette covered which is easy wipe down. The new one is fabric covered but I have to replace my current couch as it is so bulky for such a small room.

Google translation description:

Modern design sofa
With a fine wood and metal frame
Quality microfiber fabric upholstery, removable for washing and cleaning
Integrated seat sponge pampering Hulapiibr
14 Days of experience - you will not be satisfied money will be returned at no charge!

Do not ask me what that means.

But I have been assured that it will come in brown and within 10 working days. A different company from the other one.

I give up. I am sick and going back to bed.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I see - I keep my 'spare beds' in the flat next door!

Hmmm I wouldn't describe 'leatherette' type covering as 'microfibre' (but am no expert in the field).

Gawd if I had to wait that long for anything to be delivered Malka - I'd have changed my mind about wanting it by then! I'd already be thinking of the 'next' thing on my wants list!

Hope it all turns out OK for you.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

28-10-2012, 12:46 PM
No the other one was leatherette.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2012, 01:28 PM
hope you have no problems with the new one, malka, and get your money back for the other one.
Meg
Supervisor

28-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Nothing is simple these days when buying things is it
I have a parcel of plants I paid postage on sitting in the post office depot rotting ...
..what happened, don't ask

Malka the new sofa looks lovely so perhaps the mix up will turn out to have been for the best in the end

ETA if the refund is not forthcoming pretty quickly I would tell them I was going to press and TV station ..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

31-10-2012, 08:21 AM
UPDATE - I finally received a telephone call from someone at the Shopping Channel - who spoke fluent English and who knew what she was doing - and everything is sorted. The payments I had made on the first order will be credited to my card within 14 days so that is OK.

And it has been definitely confirmed that the new couch will be delivered within 10 working days, which means it should be here on 11 November [Sunday - Thursday being classed as working days]. And the suppliers [different ones] definitely have brown in stock - pity the only colour shown on the website is red as I have no idea what shade of brown it is.

I hope Pereg likes it!

Very poignant day for it to be delivered. Remembrance Sunday and it would have been Mother's 103rd birthday.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2