Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 09:26 AM

Zero hour contracts

hello,
my sister is a bit of a pickle at the moment as asking for some help.

She is a qualified social worker but when there was no jobs applied for a nursey worker position. this is a zero hour contract with times to be arranged between both the manager and my sister. with it being zero hours there are not many about at the moment and therefore she is also claiming job seekers to top her wage up on the weeks there are no hours.

she has signed up to an agency who have said a months notices from the nursery means she mite not get work.

if he hands her notice in the she cant claim job seekers if the agency doesnt get work . even though there are very few hours at the moment with the nursery.

But if she gets work from the agency can she hand her notice in and refuse hours for the month? hope that makes sence

ATD x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I think you can only answer that question by looking at what the nursery contract - what does it say?

It would seem remarkably unfair if they expect her to give one months notice yet don't guarantee her any work at all during that time. I also don't know whether she has to be available and accept all/any hours that are offered?
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Hours to be arranged with employer and employee doesn't say anything about min hours she has to accept ect
ATD x