We're going on Sunday x
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Who's going?

We're going on Sunday x
I was going and then I got a stupid job and now have to work, both days! Stupid job!! Im sulking
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2011, 09:09 PM
No as we're going to a dog show at Ingham Old Hall near Stalham. I promised my 10 year old great-niece Abra that she could handle Parker in the junior handling class and she's really looking forward to it!

He's been all coiffured (sp?) tonight and had some conditioner put on his coat so looks and smells very handsome!

I remember that they have donkey rides at this dog show as there's a fete as well and Parker is always wanting to go into the donkey ring!

We had to drag him past some donkeys on the beach at Great Yarmough as he was going ballistic-very embarrassing! Funnily enough they had a large sign up saying they were called "Parker's Donkeys"!

Hope you have a good day at the showground if you go-sounds like there's a lot on there.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Take lots of pictures - we're off to Babbington Kennels for a show today - I'll try and get some pictures for everyone - I'm hoping mine will win something
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 06:52 AM
No, will be on a training day with Suzanne Jaffa in Herefordshire tomorrow and at club today in Wales.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Thinking about driving up tomorrow, but it is about 1.5+ hours away from me.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 02:05 PM
I havn't even looked whats going on there for tomorrow to be honest but it'll be nice to get all 3 out in a social situation as we very rarely do that, Dont think i'll be dragging my lazy bum in the show ring
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 09:48 PM
AAAHHH-it's been a stressful day today as my great-niece Abra was dropped off at My Mum's house on Abra's Mum's way to work and I met her there to do some cooking together for the animal sanctuary open day tomorrow.

We got everything sorted and made then found my Mum's oven wasn't working. I had preheated it and a hairdryer would have been hotter! We then had to ferry everything over to my house 20 minutes away to cook it.

When we went to the show they missed a sign off telling you where to turn so we were 3 minutes late and missed the junior handling class which I had sent Abra a few tips about how to handle Parker as she hasn't shown before. We arrived at 2.18 pm and they were just finishing the class despite them saying the class started at 2.15pm!!

Never mind. We took Parker and Izzy into the "Happy Families" class for 2 or more dogs living in the same household and there was a very large number of competitors for this class (about 20) but we won!

Parker and Izzy were both standing nicely and I don't think Izzy is used to shows but she was brilliant with all the other dogs apart from she had a growl at one Whippet.

Parker was very well-behaved with Abra-I think I will borrow her again for another show as he plays me up sometimes and decides he's going to stand and wuff for treats but he didn't do that for her!

I was really pleased we won as it was nice for Abra (she's 10) and I let her have the red rosette and the bag of dog treats for her dog Archie.