View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Here's the latest! Wandsworth Borough Council are serving an eviction notice on the father of one of the yobs who's in court (whether HE himself is involved I do not know). Other councils are going to follow suit! Yayyyyy I call that a result! They are going to have to find alternative accommodation in the private sector, and hopefully, this will teach them how lucky they WERE to have been given a home by said councils. That won't be easy in itself, not only are the rentals pretty full at the moment, but the Government has put that "cap" on rents too I do believe? I think they brought it down to £400 except under exceptional circumstances, coz of the foreigners living in £2K a week homes, which I also like!

Apparently councils DO have the power to do this, but only for crimes committed in the same borough, so I wonder if that's why a lot of them travelled far afield to carry them out? Makes ya think doesn't it!

Hit 'em where it hurts, and as DC said yesterday, they should have thought about the consequences of their actions before carrying out these dire atrocoties (sp?).

Oh myyyyy, the old do gooder briggade are gonna be up in arms about this aren't they!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Here's the latest! Wandsworth Borough Council are serving an eviction notice on the father of one of the yobs who's in court (whether HE himself is involved I do not know). Other councils are going to follow suit! Yayyyyy I call that a result! They are going to have to find alternative accommodation in the private sector, and hopefully, this will teach them how lucky they WERE to have been given a home by said councils. That won't be easy in itself, not only are the rentals pretty full at the moment, but the Government has put that "cap" on rents too I do believe? I think they brought it down to £400 except under exceptional circumstances, coz of the foreigners living in £2K a week homes, which I also like!

Apparently councils DO have the power to do this, but only for crimes committed in the same borough, so I wonder if that's why a lot of them travelled far afield to carry them out? Makes ya think doesn't it!

Hit 'em where it hurts, and as DC said yesterday, they should have thought about the consequences of their actions before carrying out these dire atrocoties (sp?).

Oh myyyyy, the old do gooder briggade are gonna be up in arms about this aren't they!!:roll:
yep, get your tin hat ready, you will be added to the list of bigots and ignorance.

That's her forte don'tcha know Jackie, that's why she's on my ignore! This is where she gets her kicks, not from the original post, not her style![/font]
Yep I know it is H, a style we see all the time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
The ones I worked with certainly didn't pay for food, they stole it from their co-workers. And of course they'd do it when they were alone at the desk so there was never any proof. It was pretty damn obvious though when there were 2 of you in the whole building and your dinner went missing. Same with clothes, dvds, books, anything they could get their hands on.

You can still do apprenticeships, my brother's doing one at the moment. One of my friends qualified as an electrician a few years back with an apprenticeship and a day a week at college. The wage is AWFUL though. My brother gets £400 a month for a 40+ hour week, he's 20 years old. My mate got around the same at 18 (course he's earning a good wage now so as far as he's concerned it was well worth it). It's fine if you still live with parents but if you don't you simply can't survive on that.
The Government should make it up then, afterall, they would be paying out benefits to these people, so they could continue with those and the apprentice would get the rest from the employer, plus he gets some sort of incentive himself to take an apprentice on by way of tax reductions perhaps? If the Government are prepared to give a layabout X amount each week, it makes sense for them to give them the same amount for being IN some kind of training scheme doesn't it. At the very least, it gives the youngster the opportunity of getting up in the mornings and actually doing something for most of the day which of course, the rest of us have always done all our lives!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I didn't know that, that is really weird. If you commit arson, looting, attempted murder or murder, why does it matter where you've done it. Surely it is just as bad wherever it is committed I've heard a lot of councils saying they will consider evicting people involved in the riots.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
yep, get your tin hat ready, you will be added to the list of bigots and ignorance.
I'm already wearing it Jackie, coz I'm already on that list methinks!!! Do I care??? Nah! I'm honest as the day's long, I've paid me dues, worked my butt off the whole of my very long life...... hang on a minute.... that DOES make me ignorant doesn't it!!! I could have got it all for free if I'd have played me cards right!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I didn't know that, that is really weird. If you commit arson, looting, attempted murder or murder, why does it matter where you've done it. Surely it is just as bad wherever it is committed I've heard a lot of councils saying they will consider evicting people involved in the riots.
And lets hope the private landlords follow on and dont re home them, mind if they got their benifits cut to,they will not be able to afford the rent anyway,

Then they might just have something real to complain about, but hey........... guess what it might even inspire some to get out and get a job and work for their money for a change..........

Tin hat at he ready
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Tin hat at he ready
I don't think I've got one. I do have a hoodie though and a hammer so I could always just go and rob one to save me paying for one
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm already wearing it Jackie, coz I'm already on that list methinks!!! Do I care??? Nah! I'm honest as the day's long, I've paid me dues, worked my butt off the whole of my very long life...... hang on a minute.... that DOES make me ignorant doesn't it!!! I could have got it all for free if I'd have played me cards right!!!!
Don't forget stupid... after all , those of us who have dared to put a view across have been branded ignorant and stupid.... so join the club H..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't forget stupid... after all , those of us who have dared to put a view across have been branded ignorant and stupid.... so join the club H..
I think I'd rather stay dizzy or daft than stooopid, coz stooopid I aint! but if it means being in the Club, then I'll go along with it!

The way I see it is, drastic action calls for drastic measures, they went over and above with this latest outburst, so in turn, instead of slapped wrists and £50 quid fines, let them have it this time! You never know, we can always hope that if this latest action travels down all those Blackberries and social networking sites who shall remain nameless, maybe those parents might start to get the jitters and keep their unruly kids under wraps or better still under total control, just like we do with our dogs! Come to think of it, most of us train our dogs up with better manners and boundaries, than some of these kids don't we.

Dave's just come up with a classic! He said we should strip them naked in the middle of the town, beat the c*ap out of them in front of all their mates, coz that's the ONLY way we can teach them a lesson by making them look an idiot in front of their mates, that's their worst nightmare he reckons. It'd give the police a good laugh and some real satisfaction rather than the pathetic sentences they've got now.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Dave's just come up with a classic! He said we should strip them naked in the middle of the town, beat the c*ap out of them in front of all their mates, coz that's the ONLY way we can teach them a lesson by making them look an idiot in front of their mates, that's their worst nightmare he reckons. It'd give the police a good laugh and some real satisfaction rather than the pathetic sentences they've got now.
Have to say it'd probably work FAR better than prison or fines or community service.
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >