View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 09:15 PM

Vertigo (Anyone Ever Suffered from This?)

I think I have the above. I thought I was travel sick a few times in the car last week. Sunday I kept having dizzy spell when attempting to get up in the morning. I also felt nauseas. It seemed to get better though I have not felt 100% since then, but the dizzy spells in the morning seemed to subside. This morning it was back with a vengeance. Numerous dizzy spells, even when I changed sides. I have felt somewhat poorly during today too, in bouts. I think it maybe Vertigo, if it continues I will go to see my GP next week. Any advice greatly appreciated xxxx
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-05-2011, 10:09 PM
i do cant go roofing at all even tho spent years in the building trade lol i found out by being 4 storys up on a flat roof going up to fix the tiles looked down and the road changed shape several times lucily i was tied to the chimney or other wise i woulnt be here lol
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I think I have the above. I thought I was travel sick a few times in the car last week. Sunday I kept having dizzy spell when attempting to get up in the morning. I also felt nauseas. It seemed to get better though I have not felt 100% since then, but the dizzy spells in the morning seemed to subside. This morning it was back with a vengeance. Numerous dizzy spells, even when I changed sides. I have felt somewhat poorly during today too, in bouts. I think it maybe Vertigo, if it continues I will go to see my GP next week. Any advice greatly appreciated xxxx
Have a look here, there are several related conditions that it might be.

http://vestibular.org/index.php
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Mine started on Christmas day & rapidly got worse.
I was sent to the ENT clinic, to make sure it wasn't my inner ears (they check the pressure) Had hearing test, eye test etc. All ok.
All blood pressure ok...& apart from my blood disorder (which I have injections for Monthly) every cause ruled out.
So they have decided I'm getting silent migraines...I get migraines, but not had one for a while.
Mine is worse if I shut my eyes (can't stand still with my eyes shut)
Doctor gave me Beta Blockers, but they slowed my heart right down & made me worse. Gave me something else & when I took one I was yawning my head off, but once in bed couldn't sleep (mind racing), bed was spinning...that went on for 2 days.
I've just picked up a new lot of tablets, but got a busy weekend, so will try them on Sunday evening.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes i have had it. Its very treatable - you should go & see your GP & get sorted.

xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 06:22 AM
I have it, but thankfully, over the years, it's subsided, but I could never go on a roller coaster ride or anything like that as it would set it off with avengeance!

The first time it came on was in the middle of the night, when I was lying on my front, I threw my head back to rearrange my pillow and blooming 'eck, I couldn't stand, walk, the ceiling was whizzing round with blue and brown waves in it I thought it was a brain problem Anyhoo, ended up in hospital for a week, they did loads of tests and the consultant told me it was vertigo.

Since then, when it comes on, I feel like I'm walking on cotton wool and the world is very unstable. You will know if it IS vertigo, because when you go to lie down and put your head on your side, this is what will set it off, either one side or the other. You can learn to do the Heinrich??? something or other manouvre which tries to dislodge the crystals that are sitting in your inner ear fluid, but it never worked for me. Sometimes when I'm standing, I can feel like I'm on a boat, so I have to sit down and it goes away.

It's not a good thing to have, but it usually goes away and comes back now and again, maybe even years later. It's caused by little bits of calcium falling off from your inner ear and falling into the fluid which sends it all haywire! I'd go to the quack if I were you coz they have ways of finding out if it is the problem or not, they will do that manouvre with you and see if it sets it all off or cures it, hopefully the latter!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 07:30 AM
A horrible, horrible condition

I get Labyrinthitis an inner ear condition that causes vertigo. I feel dizzy and nauseous on movement, as others have said just turning over in bed can start it off.
I can't tolerate heights and I can't walk along anywhere with water either side, ie a pier or jetty. the movement of the water just sends me right off balance.
Go to your GP, there are treatments for it that work very well. You also need a proper diagnosis.
Hope you are feeling better soon
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I am another sufferer too Apparently it can be hereditory and both my Father and Grandfather had it.

Lifts also set me off, so stairs for me everytime!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I suffer from Labyrinthitis (really!) which is similar. Dizzy spells, even when lying down in bed, and especially when turning over. Really dizzy on getting up. No nausea to speak of though.

I would get it checked by the Doc, Nes - I'm sure they'll be able to sort it.....

*Hugs* honey x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I am another sufferer too Apparently it can be hereditory and both my Father and Grandfather had it.

Lifts also set me off, so stairs for me everytime!!!
Oh God yes, those lifts when they zoom up and then "stop" on a sixpence whilst your head is still rising up!!! Awful, awful experience in a lift!

I'm the same as you Jen, I can't do the heights, it sets me off, especially if there's water either side, mind you, having said that, I've done the IOW ferry right up the top and the only problem I had was coming back down the iron steps in my high heels!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >