Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by cintvelt View Post
how awful for her and you....!!!!

I'm done with sticks, you've really made your point!!!!! thankyou!

But.... after previous posts about sticks, and your terrible experience I've stopped throwing sticks and started using toys..... the result: 13 lost tennis balls and one of those floating throw bag thingies (can't remember the official name... sorry).... Tess will swim up to them no problem... but then leaves them mid-water.... any stick mind you she will come back with..

gsdmad, I'm so very sorry about all you've been through, and really hope she makes a quick recovery... and thankyou so much for the warning!!!!!
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw poor Ripley! My goodness, who would think such damage would come from a stick! I've learnt something here definately, no sticks being thrown for Dougal...he's not a big stick fiend anyway so it's not really a big deal but if he does find one it gets chomped.

Not any more it wont.

Healing hugs for Ripley!
well done girls!

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Poor ripley
have you learnt anything?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Unbelievable, isn't it? Quite, quite ghastly......

Poor love

"Stick" to toys!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Poor Ripley I hope she soon makes a good recovery.
I have always been against dogs and sticks for just this reason but I'm glad you posted this and the pics because if they can save one other poor dog from suffering an injury like that then it has been very much worth it.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Oh my god sorry I missed the original post. God you must have gotten such a scare seeing that happen. I can't imagine. It looks awful bless her. Hopefully she will make a speedy recovery. Fair play for putting up the pics and pointing out the danger xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:33 AM
That is absolutely shocking. I am so very, very glad that Ripley is going to be ok but what an horrific thing to have happened.

I don't throw sticks for Lily but she will pick them up and run off with them to get other dogs to chase her. I now will get off my lazy butt and teach her to 'leave it' because this has frightened the wotsit out of me.

I am guilty of the 'it won't happen to me' mindset but not anymore. I'll cook up some livercake and get my girl to want that more than a stick.

Thank you for showing those distressing pictures of your precious girl. It's certainly been a wake up call for me.

Hugs and healing vibes to Ripley. xxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
That is absolutely shocking. I am so very, very glad that Ripley is going to be ok but what an horrific thing to have happened.

I don't throw sticks for Lily but she will pick them up and run off with them to get other dogs to chase her. I now will get off my lazy butt and teach her to 'leave it' because this has frightened the wotsit out of me.

I am guilty of the 'it won't happen to me' mindset but not anymore. I'll cook up some livercake and get my girl to want that more than a stick.

Thank you for showing those distressing pictures of your precious girl. It's certainly been a wake up call for me.

Hugs and healing vibes to Ripley. xxxxx

Well done u!

At least if you do your utmost, then a tragic accident like Ripleys is just that a tragic accident.

Atleast you wont be "at fault" like the pro stickers on here would be.

IMO if you "KNOW" the dangers & think it wont happen to you, or the risks are worth taking, & the dog dies, then you have been completely negilent. & if you are insured would your insurance company pay up,if you are at fault or would you have to lie to them?
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 08:02 AM
That looks horrendous. Poor Ripley.

Tala doesn't really run with sticks but very occasionally picks one up and walks a few steps or chews on it a bit. I have never felt comfortable about her having a stick in her mouth and now I will make sure she leaves them alone completely.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 08:26 AM
OMG that looks horrendous, poor Ripley - I hope she makes a speedy recovery.
I don't encourage sticks, but I don't stop Tilly if she picks one up - but now yes most definitely will avoid them.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
I hope she makes a quick and full recovery. The injuries look horrendous
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Absolutely horrendous, poor, poor girl. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >