Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 05:26 PM

All because of a stick

Most of you know that ripley suffered a horrendous injury yesterday caused by a stick.
I thought i would post some pictures of her wounds to highlight just what damage can be caused by them.

She picked the stick up and ran with it, before i could even get the breath to tell her to drop it, it had hit the floor as she ran, it was a particularly nasty jagged edge stick and she pierced the soft palate of her mouth, aswell as through her cheek, and coming out the other side right below her ear.

If this stops one person allowing their dog to play with sticks, then it has helped.
I will post pictures of her recovering wounds too.

There is extensive damage to the inside of her mouth, but for obvious reasons i wasnt able to take photos of this as yet.
These pictures dont actually do the size of the wound justice, take it from me, it is apalling.

Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 05:32 PM
blimey! poor poor ripley. hope the injuries heal soon
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Poor poor girl, you must have had such a shock - but it shows how fast these things can happen
Fingers and paws crossed for quick recovery
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh dear of her---thank goodness she came through OK.

Lots of thought to her for fast healing.

rune
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Those wounds look horrendous. I hope she heals quickly. Ollie sometimes picks up sticks and I do my best to distract him luckily he does get bored of things quick.

But like you say it happens in the blink of an eye.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Poor, poor little bay I know how quickly these little puppies can pick something up and run off with it, I had all that with Zena with my big gravel stones as well as every little stick she could find, so I know how hard you tried to get it off her.

What a start in life for your poor little baby girl, but at least you still have her, and your vets were fantastic doing all that work there, I just can't imagine what a nightmare it must have been for them, let alone for you to go through sitting back at home just waiting.

It's sickening to see those awful pics of her lying there like that with all that healing to go through, I just hope everything turns out well for her now, you've certainly got your work cut out there I can see it. Good luck with her, and I'm so, so very sorry
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:28 PM
even tho im a vn.. i too learnt the hard way years ago with my first dog .. sticks are a no-no now .... {{hugs}} to you and your girlie...good job shes a tough cookie collie
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Poor Ripley and poor you - so glad she made it through surgery. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:34 PM
What an awful thing to happen, and in my vet nurse days long ago I can remember that it was not uncommon.

I do hope that your lovely dog recovers quickly.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Bless her I'm wishing her a speedy recovery x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »