Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
They obviously love to pose!!
Ha Ha! actually, it's tough to get a good pic of Mouse, as she's very light sensitive and has learned that the camera means bright flashy thing, so she usually looks away! LOL

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Aww Bless 'em Their all cuties. Thanks for sharing x
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
what a cracking little gang they are,

bet you have your work cut out after a muddy walk with all the little white doggys.
Sucker bet! luckily, it's quite a dry climate here, and they aren't all mine. Annabelle is my sister's dog, and when I moved out, my Mom stole Scout and Zoe. (they were so happy there and With Zoe being so paranoid and Scout having had 4 homes + a stay in a shelter, and both annoyed with Ollie (the pup) I felt it better to leave them there.... besides, my Mother would'a been lost without the girls! So I get the expense of the girls, without the constant pleasure! lol after I moved with Ollie, he was SOOOO lonely, (for a severely dog aggressive dog, he sure hates being without companions), so I adopted Mouse! LOL

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
I was wondering that myself!!!! A severe punishment maybe??? "If any of you move no more sitting near the fireplace???"
They are all beauties
Ha ha ha!!!

Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Awww! What a pretty picture.. That's your christmas cards sorted this year then ...

Blue eyed dogs get red eye like people, Brown eyed dogs glow green. I noticed the same thing about Kismet and asked the Vet. She said Most dogs have a reflective back to their eyes and fewer rods and cones, so they see fewer colours and better in the dark, the reflective coating glows green in bright light, but blue eyed dogs have eyes more like ours, so they see more colours and better in the day, but don't have as good night vision as brown eyed dogs!
Thanks for the info! so would a dog with one of each glow one red and one green? And Mouse has crappy eyesight, so isn't a good example of your vet's info, but that's due to the Double Dapple (Merle), and not the blue eyes.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thats one cute picture
Well done for getting them all together.
Thanks!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Yep... The blue glows red and the brown glows green... but what is weirder is that they would be able to see more colour out of one eye and better in the dark out of the other...

In Mouse's case, his eyes glow red because he has no reflective layer, like a normal blue eyed dog, but he doesn't then have the advantage of having the added rods and cones... so worst of both worlds ...
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Yep... The blue glows red and the brown glows green... but what is weirder is that they would be able to see more colour out of one eye and better in the dark out of the other...

In Mouse's case, his eyes glow red because he has no reflective layer, like a normal blue eyed dog, but he doesn't then have the advantage of having the added rods and cones... so worst of both worlds ...
That's a great pic! and yes, very odd LOL

Mouse has dropped Pupils, and they stay fully dilated all the time. Her vision is functional, tho she has to wear doggles when it's bright out, so she doesn't walk around with her eyes closed.

here's a pic of Mouse in her Doggles

and here's one of her eyes... It's really hard to get a pic with her eyes open, they're almost half closed in this one, and it's the best one I have
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Aw poor baby, but I bet she's loved twice as much for all her faults...
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Aww such a lovely lot you have!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Lovely photos
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3