View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Oops - looks like they put the warning on the wrong thread (unless a dog staring at some sheep is classed as a graphic image )

Lovely little lad
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I didnt say I dont like working dogs dawn and I never said anyone had done anything illegal
But I dont like looking at a fox or any animal that has been killed ...and is dripping with blood and has its ear half chewed off!!!
But what ever floats your boat???
Ear chewed off? I see its ears just fine! You should of read the sticky with regard to what these threads may contain. That is a proper working earth Dog, and its posted in the correct section, if you want to look working Dogs, this is what you should expect to see from a working terrier.

Dutchk9.
Nice size, but what you say reiterates what I knew about the breed, very much a working dog only. he is a super Terrier and would be a welcome addition to any Fox controller.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:31 AM
he is lovely and you must be so proud of him, does the frisby count as working? lol
He must be fast to keep up with a fox.....
Mel x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Nice dog.

But a proper worker I imagine as opposed to being a "pet dog" the sort that would get into trouble in a "family/non working home"

He is not as big as I imagined he would be not sure what I imagined but bigger than he is, shows he has guts though tackling a wild boar I would not do that - lol.

Are they all the same colour, or do they vary? Are they popular in your country with people who work their dogs?

Sort of reminds me of an Airedale on a smaller scale.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 09:45 AM
CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen to go to America....a great achivement......WELL DONE.
Dutchk9
New Member!
Female 

14-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Nice dog.

But a proper worker I imagine as opposed to being a "pet dog" the sort that would get into trouble in a "family/non working home"

He is not as big as I imagined he would be not sure what I imagined but bigger than he is, shows he has guts though tackling a wild boar I would not do that - lol.

Are they all the same colour, or do they vary? Are they popular in your country with people who work their dogs?

Sort of reminds me of an Airedale on a smaller scale.
When i dont do sports whit hem when the huntingseason is he a unhandebel dog, when he has nothing to do and can not loose his energy he alway s looking for trobbels whit other dogs and verry nerves at home.

My friend have a patterdale that as pup being as homepet, when he was 18 months old his huntinginstinct came up and he attacked the neighboursheeps. We thake tha dog and go hunt whit him and now he is a silly calm dog.

The german jagdt is also in red and tan ans verry popular in germany, holland end belgium specially for the wild boars
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 11:33 AM
He looks a nice little dog and sounds a good worker for you. At least you can do the agility, flyball and frisbee with him when the hunting season is over to keep him occupied, he sounds like a right handfull!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
he is lovely and you must be so proud of him, does the frisby count as working? lol
He must be fast to keep up with a fox.....
Mel x
Hi Mel.
The Terrier will of gone to ground to hold the Fox or keep it at bay whilst the handler digs down to it, they remove the dog and the Fox is shot humanely. You can see the "locator" collar on the Dog, the cylindrical yellow and green bit is the radio locator to find the dog underground, so the handler knows where to dig.
Dawn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I imagine the introduction of agility and flyball type of events is a "godsend for people with working dogs.

My cousin used to keep terriers for ratting etc around his stables/smallholding. Always out and about they were following the horse riding around in the landrover even to work with him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dutchk9 View Post
The german jagdt is also in red and tan ans verry popular in germany, holland end belgium specially for the wild boars
We had better import some to Czechland then because we have a lot of wild pigs (boars) in the forrests around us and several forrest workers have told us not to let our dogs (Newfoundland) go near them, especially when they have young (which is May to July I believe)

Newfoundlands are much bigger than your dog and I'm impressed that he 'has a go' at the wild boar.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >